Saturday, February 20, 2010

words, words, words

it has not gone unnoticed that i've stopped writing.

the questions have been oblique, are you well? how are you feeling?

so, here's the deal.

i'm ok.

i just can't seem to focus or really organize my thoughts into some sort of interesting/sensible collection of words right now. writing has taken a backseat to the visual because it's easier. i know we all share some/many of the stories of our days and support each other in hard times, but this is different. even commenting is a complicated and thoughtful process. y'all deserve better.

i'm just empty right now.

41 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're okay. But I do understand what you mean and am experiencing something similar. So I hope you return to the world of words soon, but appreciate that it can seem difficult to think of anything to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll be OK. Besides, you wrote this! :)

    wv: runch

    i.e. Let's do sashimi for runch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Savannah,

    I understand when you say, "i'm just empty right now."

    It's OK.

    If you're OK, it's all good.

    Just because you park your car for a while doesn't mean it's out of gas.

    I'm glad just knowing you're OK.

    Much love my friend.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hang on in there honey. Its enough to see your sweet name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I understand you on this one. I go in and out of the feeling.

    don't worry one little bit, and we like to check in no matter what.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going around! (Hence all the old rock Youtubes at my place!)

    Alright missus? :¬)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I know the feeling - some days I just want to stick up pictures or music.

    So I do :D

    wv: sadban

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's catchin' darlin' cos a few of us are feeling exactly like you are :-(
    But we'll pull through darlin' - we always do!
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you had been with Dick and I in Bangkok, we could have filled you up with some laughs and some outrageous stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's your blog, use it as needed... sometimes the words are there, and sometimes they wander off. take care and use it as you need to. we'll be here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't blog for three weeks. It happens sometimes. Hang in there. St. Patty's is coming up; you'll have lots to say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to know you're okay.

    Nothing wrong with using just the visual...Blogging shouldn't be a chore; it should be something you do because you want to, not have to.

    Enjoy the nice break. When you have something to say, you'll put it out there. Nothing wrong with just sitting back and relaxing.

    P.S. Thanks for the shout out in the sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You don't have to apologize for not writing--we all go through blank periods, even when commenting.

    It's nice just knowing you're there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. commenting is a complicated and thoughtful process.

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Recharge at your own rate. We'll be here when you're ready to go again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you'll no complaints from for not writing, you'll only hear from me when you stop visiting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. chazza said. . .oh huni, know the feeling. It sounds like the case of 'long winter' blues. Winter Just seems like for ever. . .especially this one, what with the snow.

    We all so need to be spoiled with some real hot Sun. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Take your time... no one's going anywhere... we'll all be hanging around when you find the words again.

    ((hugs)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. A woman stuck for words? Ahhh for the love of all things peaceful, let's hope it's catching hen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Savannah,

    Please stop beating up on yourself!!!!
    Although I'm quite new to this blogging world i sometimes agonise over what my next post will be.
    Funny, Serious, Rude, Raunchy, or even downright disgusting!! Sometimes all of the above and
    it really does'nt matter, so long as it doesn't cause you a lot of angst and even then if it does , you have a post ie you are still writing.
    Besides your music clips are fantastic even if you consider them to be "an easy option"
    My goodness gurl, I don't even know how to do this yet so it will be a while before there is a free concert at "The Palais"

    We are all kindred souls from what I can gather, so just do your own thing and don't appologise for being you my darling XXX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww bless lovely.

    Lots of warm hugs for you.

    You just gotta do, what a woman's gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maybe it's a february thing? It's a dull old month.
    Hang on in there.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Empty is good.
    Empty is hope for better.
    An empty glass can be filled with fresh, cool spring water, sparkly small bubbles floating to top.

    Wait...
    listen to that...

    Can you hear it? A splashing stream nearby, small stones smoothed with long years of being washed...

    Ahhhh....
    Spring.

    So sweet.

    You're lucky to have an empty glass to fill yourself a wonderful cup of icy clear water.
    (could I have a drink, too? I've been running so hard for so long)

    ReplyDelete
  24. When I'm at a loss for words I just post a pic of a big ole floppy penis.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't apologise, Sav!

    What we need is sunshine and Stuart Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You can't write just for the sake of writing...give it a break until the interest is back :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't worry. Your blog isn't going to go off if it's left out of the fridge for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well you just left a lovely comment on mine!

    It's at times like this, when the energy and the ideas are low, that I create all kinds of pressure on myself when, in fact, I should be all the kinder to myself. Oh we wacky, creative humans!

    So to honor your ebb tide, I'm joining your blog, and listing you on mine. Because quantity of output is not the point. The fact that you are bright and beautiful and lovely and kind and that you EXIST, is the point.

    Much love, buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  29. I certainly wouldn't force the issue. Don't turn writing into a stinking job. I'm sure you've already had plenty of stinking jobs in your life. You don't need another.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Let me give you a friendly hug, (Savannah). On Wednesday we'll have an ice cold beer.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mama - you don't need to apologise to us. We are all here for you. And I do understand where you are coming from - sometimes it is all too overwhelming whether it be in a full or an neverendingly empty way. Take care - mail if you need to - you have the address XXX

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mama - you don't need to apologise to us. We are all here for you. And I do understand where you are coming from - sometimes it is all too overwhelming whether it be in a full or an neverendingly empty way. Take care - mail if you need to - you have the address XXX

    ReplyDelete
  33. Empty-schmempty. Unless you're bleeding from your eyes, I expect you back at that keyboard and bringing the funny!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I surely understand that, my dear....I think there are times like that and hopefully, it will pass...Not to worry, we will be here.
    Thanks for coming by and commenting given how you are feeling...! I send you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My blog world is pretty sparse, too.
    sigh

    ReplyDelete
  36. I know that empty feeling, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad one. It is what it is. I usually just post a recipe on those days, and I hardly comment anymore at all.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi There,
    What A great blog you have got going here. It's really fun to read. I love movie cli wednesday. I think I will have to take part this week! :-)
    I'm also glad to hear your ok and I know how horrible it is when you can't write. It just makes you all bluh!
    ut i'm also glad to see from your newer posts that your up and blogging again! :-) yay!
    pleased to meet you by the way. I am Jessica. I am also a blogger.
    www.jessicaeharper.blogspot.com
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar