Saturday, February 27, 2010

it's saturday

i found a small news story about carly simon and who the object was of you're so vain. seems there's a video contest (that she's going to judge) about the song. also, on the site is a free download of let the river run i've always liked her music, so why not share her music today. 

i'll try and answer all the comments all y'all have left, but if i don't answer individually, please know how much joy all y'all give me just seeing  all y'all pop up on the screen!

*********
on a serious note, the horrible earthquake in chile is beyond words. i am, like the rest of the world, watching the news and hoping the fatalities will be as few as possible.  

**************
update re: Wednesday Movie Clip from boxer:
Movie Clip Wednesday's Theme is:

MOST FUNNY SCENE.

19 comments:

  1. I always thought it was Warren Beatty but what do I know?

    On the basis of the line'you're so vain, you probably think this song is about you' it could be anybody!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rabbit...evidently, so did he! ;~D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. chazza said: thanks for that. . has been a long while have listened to. How we can forget of the good ole olddies. . .that are simply the best. Covered in dust. . Record form. . Lol

    A mates daughter knowing when I get a chance to hit the club scene. Christmas and newyear having been. Asked me the other day any good night clubs i could re commend to her.

    Stating Trance or Emo. . Im like. . .excuse me. . .lmfaao xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being told who it was but I've forgotten who :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always though that it was about James Taylor.

    Great song anyway
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought it was about all the men I've ever met.

    Love Carly Simon so this was a lovely treat, XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Standby, Hawaiian islands on tsunami watch from Chilean earthquake. Coastal area evacuations in progress as a precaution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. chazza...a good song is forever, clubs seem to be a thing of the past for me, sugar! xoxox

    pat...when y'all remember send an email, ok?;~D xoxoxo

    lulu...i always thought it was mick jagger! xoxoxox

    eryl...i like that! *LOL* carly seemed a good find today! xoxoxo

    xl...*sigh* i know. the earth is speaking to us and i am afraid! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30yrs down the line darlin & I still warble away to Carly's songs - shes simply timesless :-)
    Real bummer about the earthquake in Chile. I guess Mother Nature is real pissed off at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent music... she definitely is timeless...

    A friend's mum is vacationing in Hawaii right now... my friend is terrified! Japan is preparing for the tsunami as well.

    The power of Nature is not for the weak of heart...

    ReplyDelete
  11. funny thing? david geffen says it wasn't about him... perhaps he's less vain than he used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so behind the times that I didn't even know till about five years ago that Mick is singing background on the song. Someone told me, I listened to it again, and sure enough, you can hear him clear as a bell!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read that this morning...and wonder if Carly is still teasing us all. Funny that she finds it so amusing that a 38 year old song still makes people guess...only because she won't tell. :)

    Amen to the time to answer this weekend...and thoughts with anyone in an earthquake zone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carly Simon ... :) The lady made it well through times ... thought always it was about Jagger.

    Maybe it's time to de-dust some Doors and to hear the scream of a butterfly ... or it'S too late finally

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is terrible what is happening in Chile. I hope they recover well and that the tsunamis aren't going to be a threat to the other places.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you listen carefully, you can hear Mick Jagger singing the backing vocals on the chorous!

    Anyhoo, I'm tired and drunk and off to the feathers!

    Tomorrow peeps. Tomorrow. :¬)

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. On the original version only I suppose! :¬)

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is Nusrat the son of Nusredin Fateh Ali Khan? I have to look.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar