Sunday, February 14, 2010

bah humbug

to hallmark card holidays!

so let's celebrate a real one:

 Chinese New Year 2010/4708: Year of the Tiger

Gung Hay Fat Choy!
 

18 comments:

  1. I now live in the CHinese quarter in Birmingham (England, not Alabama) and the lanterns are already up, the chinese food stalls doing a roaring trade and tiger inflatables on sale. I think I might buy one of they're not too extortionate! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! year of the tiger. glad it's not 'year of the cougar'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Valentine's Day is a lovely child's holiday...then it's all about crayoned-in lopsided hearts and sparkles and pink cupcakes, all of which are really nice things...

    But I can never get over the fact that some people demand their loved ones get them roses and such! And that they would be devastated if it didn't happen!

    Anyway, happy new year! You should see the craziness in NYC Chinatown--fireworks and dragons dancing wildly through the narrow streets! It is incredible.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely GOBSMACKED that White Rabbit knows that there IS a Birmingham in Alabama...


    Wishing Savannah Smiles and Valentines Day wishes.


    Celebrating the first US Nordic Ski medal in like forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grrrrrr

    it;s the year of the Tony....nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. chazza said: Cant help agreeing with leah. . .either people love from the heart in ordinary daily life by doing things for each other without conditions. Or Why bother that one day of the year to gain browny points till next Feb.

    To demand too what gifts etc usually Gold, Platinum, Gold (white) even Diamonds. RED roses nothing else. . .now Thorntons chocs.

    Some I feel are more in love with the event then their lover.

    Dont get me wrong. . .i do enjoy being spoilt, but there are rules. Their choice. . .NO IMPRESSING EXPENSIVE GIFTS.(cuddly toys most appropriate). meal in. No spending extra because it being Val'tine day that pays for the decorations they laid on specially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leah is right! The New Year's celebration in Chinatown is a sight to see! It lasts a week and culminates in a parade that snakes through the streets. Fireworks, red envelopes stuffed with cash and dim sum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is best to ignore China in every way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To you too lovely.

    Hope this year is GRRRRREEAAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And a belated happy new year to yourself, too!

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar