Sunday, October 4, 2009

wow, it's sunday already?

once again, it seems i've lost track of days. but y'all know that already.

the MITM is still at home which is a good thing. miss daisy is doing well and getting ready for yet another farewell tour that will begin on the west coast this month and end on the east coast in november. this month will also see the coconut krewe minus one heading up to the land that time forgot for a man's week with the MITM. and for a few days, i will get to lounge around the plantation like a singleton minus the cigs, booze and dates of bridget jones fantasies. days of solitude are a rarity now and as with all things that don't happen often wildly anticipated. remind me i said this when i start whining about being alone.

on another note, i've noticed a few bloggers are taking breaks. having done that myself, i totally understand the feeling. this thing that we do has to be a release, not an obligation. when anything becomes a chore...but all y'all know that already. anyway, i'm looking forward to the return of our momentarily absent friends.

i'm supposed to finish some real work, but for the life of me, i can't seem to just sit and do it. procrastination is so much easier and nfl sunday on fox is on and football starts at 1300hrs and then there's the paper to read and did i mention the stack of magazines? and what about the netflixs sitting next to the tv? and oh wow, look at the woodpeckers outside....

so, today's post is about everything and nothing; a small part of the collection of thoughts and information rummaging around inside my head looking for an escape and tapped out by a slightly distracted savannah of the marshes.

for our absent friends:

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like you do procrastination almost as well as me Sav
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also part of the great doing nothing, but looking at work. I should be studying for my exam, but mooching is way more interesting. However, I can't seem to blog either, so I'm feeling useless all round. Hope you perk up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lulu...we are cousins, sugar! ;~D xoxo

    mdf...i keep finding other names for this temporary condition, sugar! a lovely pino noir has me decidedly content with my mental ruminations. xoxox

    xl...absolutely! especially shiny things on tv today, sugar. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am missing our absent friends. I'm feeling it quite badly. I hope the ones that are poorly get better soon.
    And yep - I'm in the procrastination club too!
    Let's raise a glass to absent friends!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes.Its Nice To Slip some Gears along The Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm too slothful to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In response to Ten Things:
    1) divorce
    2) getting my leg muscle severed
    3) being shot at
    4) being stabbed
    5) a friend's untimely death
    6) college
    7) injured to the point of pissing blood
    8) almost falling to my death in the middle of nowhere
    9) the stomach bug I got in Algeria
    10) the Bush years

    ReplyDelete
  8. Procrastination?
    It's my middle name. I even put off writing my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apologies... I've just caught up with your list. I don't know where I was Wednesday?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Savannah,

    Like you I miss our blogger friends but I understand when one needs a break; I can't do this from obligation. I wish someone knew how Jimmy is; perhaps Siobhan will post an update soon.

    Enjoy today and have a great week.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I'm missing them too. It's amazing how much I'm missing them!

    Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woodpeckers, huh? Tell me all about them, Sav, and don't miss out on any details. It will help me put off several things I need to do...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Distraction is good. You find inspiration in the most unlikely places.

    It's is amazing how time just slips by while we're busy occupied with other things in life. It makes you realize that life is short, and you should enjoy it as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'this thing that we do has to be a release, not an obligation. when anything becomes a chore...'
    I whole heartedly agree with this.
    Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just have to procrastinate on Sunday's during football season....how about those Colts, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep telling myself I'll 'get round to it' (for example, the ironing) but here I am, reading your blog darlin!!

    I miss Jimmy :-( I hope the lovely Siobhan can update us soon. It's a bit of a worry when there's no news.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have had so many family and health issues since July, that I haven't had the energy to blog too much. When the choice is the house, the gardens and animals the business or the computer, it seems like sometimes nothing wins.
    ...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  18. I predict that by day two of totally alone time, you'll be missing them.

    Though...a month of now miss daisy? Were you so good this year that Santa came two months early? :)

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar