Friday, October 9, 2009

don't ask the question if you aren't prepared for the answer or here's to the 80-20 rule!

Just let me know if there's anything I can do this month to further the cause of healthy breasts

for the coconut krew around the 3.35 point...i couldn't find a shorter version



update:
i'm sorry, sugarpies! the 80/20 rule i was referring to has nothing to do with the pareto principle as it applies to marketing and/or economics. it has to do with chance, as in, there's an 80% chance that things will be fine and only a 20% chance that we're talking about worse case scenarios.

here's the deal, yesterday everything was fine.

and then it wasn't.

and today it isn't.

as cap'n chaos said this morning, i'm holding fast to the 80%. and even if i end up on the 20% dance card, the calcifications were discovered early and they are teeney tiny little itty bitty things and have been discovered early! the biopsy is going to be scheduled for some time next week. it's an outpatient procedure, so i'll be in and out in no time!

so, there it is...what would ya'll like to drink?

37 comments:

  1. That's always my rule when I go shopping with someone. If you ask my opinion, you better be prepared for the answer.

    I have a hunch that guy isn't going to like what he's told to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 80% dazed, 20% confused.

    Have a super weekend, Miss Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite perturbed. And relieved to know that you are no longer a cause for worry. At least not in this respect......:) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im a huge fan of healthy breasts. And I sincerely mean that as breast cancer has affected some gals in my family. Thankfully they are now cancer free.
    I did enjoy that card. A good sense of humor is essential. Enjoy your weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to look up the "80-20 rule" and now I have learned something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked it up as well - but I don't really get it.
    Still I'm so pleased you aren't worried any more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positive attitude, that's the spirit. You ain't no drama queen. But this proves the value of regular checkups. Good girl. Mint julep, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got everything crossed.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. In honor of healthy breasts, I will have a pink squirrel. (WTF is a pink squirrel anyway?) Follow that up with a Pilgrim Gin & Tonic, plenty of gin and a large lime wedge please. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have high hopes that you'll come out on top and that you'll be okay. Take care!

    An iced tea for me please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Savannah,

    Yesterday, my youngest son found out the results of a biopsy; they believe he has mitochondrial myopathy (but won't know until he sees a genecist). It's the uncertainty that brings on the fears. He lives in Texas with his family but we all support and encourage one another; we'll get through this.

    That's a lot to digest and I didn't plan to unload on you Sis. Actually, I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and him and I'll have my usual Single-malt scotch.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm having a mudslide right now and praying that your calcifications are routine, tiny and cancer free. xo <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had my "appointment" just yesterday and no one wants to be called back... even if it's clearly something "ok". It doesn't matter. xoxoxo. NO FUN.

    Here's to how happy and relieved you'll feel on Tuesday when all of this is behind you.

    tonight? I'm drinking vodka. On the rocks and I'm making a private toast to you and the 80/20. xoxox.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't get to drink until the night of the 18th, in Oregon. Yep, working right up until I leave. Anyway, IF I could drink in your honor I'd have an Aviation Gin and tonic with a small slice o' lime and three ice cubes. Word. Stay up, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should have my mouth kept shut. No worries, calcification is very likely not cancer. Biopsy is payneful but necessary. You are not alone. We'll take it as it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Biopsies suck ass. I know, better safe than sorry, but biopsies suck ass.

    But you'll be okay and the tests will turn out fine.

    And whatever they have left over, get it in a jar. Extra body parts are great for getting rid of people who stay over too long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't get it without the extra info.

    I'm thinking about you and sending the very best wishes possible. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. (Now after the extra info.) I'm thinking of you. There's a lot of us hanging onto that 80% with you. Make room for some more.

    And I'll have some tea please. Hot. Milk. No sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers & toes crossed darlin :-)

    I'll have a virgin pina colada please :-) (she says, downing another coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm standing alongside you doll.. I'll look forward to sharing a glass of moonshine in the moonlight with you later on.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Scotch on the rocks. Today I'm drinking like a 1950s NYC adman.

    Now you--giving you virtual little squeezes and telling you that you will do just fine.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, honey—80%, 80%, 80%. We'll just keep saying that. I'll be thinking of you, but 80%.

    ReplyDelete
  23. found you through the good mr. bastard... and will keep fingers crossed for good news. i JUST had the biopsy for microcalcifications (post here: http://daisyfae.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/towanda/). even though i knew it would probably be ok, i was anxious.

    had stage I breast cancer 3 years ago... EVEN if it's bad, you're gonna be fine. there's life on the other side of that biopsy! good luck! fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, just keep concentrating on that 80% as that's the only number that matters. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes for biopsy day. That's not anyone's idea of a good time, even when it's a lot of hullaballoo over nothing. And this will be!

    As for the drink, I'm looking out the window at snow right now, so something tropical, heavy on the rum, would be rather nice, I think. A bit early in the day for it, I suppose, but it's happy hour somewhere in the world, right?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you can feel these good thoughts from across the sea.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Savannah, honey, most of us have calcifications... and that's normal. But if they think there is reason to check them out, best to know what's going on. No matter what, I am thinking that you're in the 80% and just getting a bit hard and lumpy in your advanced *coughs* years. ;-D

    I know that's where I am at... and it's all fine.

    As Eleanor said, we're staring at snow and ice here today - and it sucks. But the three weeks of summer we had in Sept. were awesome! Gotta keep a positive attitude, so let the MITM and Coconut Crewe keep you on an even keel, girlie. We're all here for you and will join you on the veranda for a drink and some good chat any day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Let's hope that the biopsy's not too uncomfortable and that there's an excellent excuse for a good piss-up later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm with you on the 80%....Hang in there my dear....! Keep up the positive thoughts and some 'white light' couldn't hurt.....(lol)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Many hugs for you.

    I'll be thinking about you and Tuesday.

    I'll have a glass of red wine and play with Baltazar (who is addictive), while I wait.

    Be well my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Leah: A 1950s NYC adman?

    Now I'll have Don Draper on my mind all day.

    Hugs to you, Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad to hear you are being aggressive about taking care of this. Your health is nothing to fool around with.

    I'll have a Glenfiddich in your honor when you tell us all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just looking in on you doll, keeing the faith, reet?

    ReplyDelete
  33. waiterly thoughts from across the pond.....big hugs n gin too....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey hon, sorry I haven't been around. We had the same thing with my Annette last year and after an anxious week, all turned out fine, as I'm sure it will with you my darlin'! Lots of love from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Savvy.Keep Us Updated.Thinking About You X

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar