today is my day to cook, so i decided to stay at the house and just enjoy the quiet of the russian river and living in the woods! (i'll post the link to the house after we've de-camped.) this trip has been a worldwind tour of napa valley. we've hit calistoga, st. helena, rutherford, oakville, yountville and, of course, the lovely city of napa. the great thing about staying in a house instead of a hotel is that we've been enjoying our purchases with great dinners prepared at home! everything has been locally grown or made, so the freshness and quality has been out of this world! tonight, i'm making locally raised, farm fresh lamb shanks with organic veggies, local creamery butter, a cheese plate of fresh cheeses and for dessert the absolutely most beautiful flourless chocolate torte from a french bakery right here in healdsburg! the wines...well, what can i say? this trip has been about tasting wines that we don't get at home, finding new smaller vineyards and just following the silverado trail.
an update re: the postcards from the edge contest. it has been decided that everyone who send an email shall receive a postcard because that's the california spirit and surely, the spirit of the valley and absolutely of The City.
no matter where i live or where i go, i'll always be a california girl at heart!
i think the MITM is going to guest blog after we get home and then we'll post photos!
I'm glad you're a California Girl!
ReplyDeleteim jealous... ive never been out west yet. sad, i know.
ReplyDeleteI'm jellus too because I just had my lunch--a peanut butter & raspberry jellus sandwich.
ReplyDeleteEat hearty, mates!
yay! We all get postcards! You are so sweet.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time! xoxox.
You've been missed doll, by many people, especially me.
ReplyDeleteOh so very wonderful! It sounds like heaven. Can't wait for the MITM's guest blog!
ReplyDeletexo
Hi Savannah,
ReplyDeleteLamb shanks, wine and chocolate tort.....You have me California Dreamin'
U
Sounds fabulous, especially, well, all of it, really. Glad to hear you're having a good time, X
ReplyDeleteNow you've made my mouth water..
ReplyDeleteSx
P.S Happy Halloween!
Ah, the Russian River. Make nice with a vintner so I can go shoot the wild boars what eat up the grapes. Rost wild boar anyone?
ReplyDeletesounds like a wonderful time. So happy for you
ReplyDeletexoxo
I love California too... spent three years in San Diego and adored it there!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're enjoying your trip so much and look forward to guest blogs, photos and postcards. xoxoxoxo
I've toured both the Napa and Sonoma Valleys and tasted all they have to offer so I know how much you're enjoying this trip.
ReplyDeleteY'all is having a delicious time!
ReplyDelete(Expecting a card anyday now!)
xoxoxoxo
Damn, that sounds good! Nom nom nom! I love to eat, but hate to cook. I'll happily clean up, though!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're having a great time; carry on!
Now that I have a daughter in Berkeley, I intend to explore that area. We've made one trip so far—to Sonoma—and it was lovely. I was so impressed with how prominent locally-grown meat and veggies are in that part of the country (so unlike central Ohio). enjoy.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the pics and I'm glad to hear you're having a great time!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are eating and drinking your way through wine country!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to know that I'll receive a postcard from the edge.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!
I can't wait to see photos! Sounds like this has been just the trip you needed!!!
ReplyDelete