I'm working on an afghan right now in that enormous gauge--super chunky yarn and enormous needles. It goes fast. Do you knit? I can't remember. That actually looks like a super simple pattern.
Ahhh, that is really unattractive but I am an avowed enemy of the cable knit. Knitting itself is cool but cable knit sweaters always make me think of the kind of people who don't like people like me. What can I say? Early scarring from childhood.
I suppose you could make a trip to the Aran Isles... hey WHO WOULDNT want to travel to Ireland?? Call me if ya need someone to carry all your luggage..
I'm with Jack Sparrow; looks like crochet to me. I crochet, but I don't knit, so I couldn't begin to tell you about the knitting, but those large patterns go super fast with crochet, and yes, it's hooks the size of tree trunks.
My physical creativity ran out after making a large rug and a patchwork quilt. I'd love to curl up in a throw like that. It looks lovely and squelchy - in a dry way.
Wow, I can't stop looking at this. It's definitely knitted, not crocheted. And it does look sorta squelchy as Pat said! It certainly took a lot of yarn.
leah...as i thought, really, really big hooks. i have books about knitting, but i've never learned. and yes, i LOVE the way it looks and i can only imagine how it must feel! *sigh* xoxox
(it's from the current anthropologie catalogue and retails for 198usd.)
jack...cute, sugar! so make a throw like that for me, ok? ;~D xoxox
cap'n...what happened when you were young? xoxo
xl...i may live in ole savannah, sugar, but have y'all been down to the docks anywhere lately? xoxox
jack...well, yeah, but it retails for 198usd, i don't think i can get a trip to ireland that cheaply. xoxox
mago...you have issues like the cap'n, too, sugar? what happened? xoxox
fats...since i don't knit, i just read about knitting, i'm starting to think i should consider retail as the only option and one, that sadly, like knitting is also not part of of skillset right now. *sigh* xoxox
rabbit...it's ok, honey. or do y'all have cable knit issues, too? xoxox
pat...exactly! well not the other things you did, but the comfort that throw just exudes! xoxoxo
leah...i have the photo on the fridge! i reallyreallyreally want it! xoxox
I have to admit, this got my knitterly interest raised. I looked at the blow-up pic in the online catalogue, and it really does look super easy. Maybe I'll try to swatch it and see if I can get the gauge. It's definitely done on bigger needles than what I'm using now though; it's also rather loosely knit, and I like the messy insouciance of the stitches!
Every time a new anthropologie catalogue comes out, knitters and crocheters get obsessed with inventing their own version of the elegant stuff they're showing, and I'm sure this is no exception!
I think it needs big sticks and two people - maybe that's why you need fisherman they sit in the boat with an oar each and knit their way over the Atlantic ... that could be it
Easy squeezy. Are you familiar with Captain Birdseye? Well then, take half-a-dozen of his jerseys and unpick at the seams. Stitch together and neaten edges. Discard sleeves, or fashion into oversize hats for unpopular relatives. Hang completed garment on washing-line for 24 hours to dispel stench of fish.
boxer...we are one and the same, sugar! and thank YOU! xoxoxo (i already suggested it as a birthday pressie for ME!)
mj....yep, i noticed that, too and of course, had to go look at the eames site and drool over the black bird! xoxox
leah...I like the messy insouciance of the stitches! that's in perfectly! i receive a hard copy of the catalogue, but i did go online to see what y'all meant about the textiles! holy moley is that stuff fun to look at! xoxoxo
lulu...the MITM thought y'all were spot on, sugar! too funny! xoxox
kim...it could, in fact it might once the wood floors are installed, sugar! xoxox
mrs pouncer...y'all are the winner (if this was a contest) for the most inventive and hilarious response! i am truly glad y'all are back, darlin! xoxo
mago...thanks for the museum link, sugar! xoxox
xl...y'all are so cute, sugar! down by the docks (around here) all y'all see are trucks, truckers and MASSIVE loading cranes! i haven't seen a sailor in ages! xoxox
I've never knitted a blanket like this, but I have knitted a scarf with a similar pattern. Once you memorize the pattern, it's not so difficult. And baseball bats pretty much describes the size of those super-chunky needles.
I looked at this the other day and fell in love myself! Then, my ADD took over and I forgot what I was doing. Now, that I've seen it again I want to ask my bff girls to look into this. She can do about anything artsy/crafty. I do not like such handwork Sam I am.
Thinking about and praying for you this week Savvy!!
I'm working on an afghan right now in that enormous gauge--super chunky yarn and enormous needles. It goes fast. Do you knit? I can't remember. That actually looks like a super simple pattern.
ReplyDeleteoh wait, were you saying you liked it? Or were you just marveling at the huge scale of the cables?
ReplyDeleteI have never made one. But I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, once!
ReplyDeleteIs it possible that its a crochet?
Ahhh, that is really unattractive but I am an avowed enemy of the cable knit. Knitting itself is cool but cable knit sweaters always make me think of the kind of people who don't like people like me. What can I say? Early scarring from childhood.
ReplyDeleteGo down to the docks, pick up a couple of boatswains mates, have them knit you one with their fids! They're good with knots.
ReplyDeleteI suppose you could make a trip to the Aran Isles... hey WHO WOULDNT want to travel to Ireland?? Call me if ya need someone to carry all your luggage..
ReplyDeleteNeedle work?
ReplyDelete*runs*
I'm with Jack Sparrow; looks like crochet to me. I crochet, but I don't knit, so I couldn't begin to tell you about the knitting, but those large patterns go super fast with crochet, and yes, it's hooks the size of tree trunks.
ReplyDeleteErmmm...
ReplyDeletePass.
My physical creativity ran out after making a large rug and a patchwork quilt. I'd love to curl up in a throw like that. It looks lovely and squelchy - in a dry way.
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't stop looking at this. It's definitely knitted, not crocheted. And it does look sorta squelchy as Pat said! It certainly took a lot of yarn.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea how it's made, but I'd love to snuggle up on a sofa with it on a cold winter night :-)
ReplyDeleteleah...as i thought, really, really big hooks. i have books about knitting, but i've never learned. and yes, i LOVE the way it looks and i can only imagine how it must feel! *sigh* xoxox
ReplyDelete(it's from the current anthropologie catalogue and retails for 198usd.)
jack...cute, sugar! so make a throw like that for me, ok? ;~D xoxox
cap'n...what happened when you were young? xoxo
xl...i may live in ole savannah, sugar, but have y'all been down to the docks anywhere lately? xoxox
jack...well, yeah, but it retails for 198usd, i don't think i can get a trip to ireland that cheaply. xoxox
mago...you have issues like the cap'n, too, sugar? what happened? xoxox
fats...since i don't knit, i just read about knitting, i'm starting to think i should consider retail as the only option and one, that sadly, like knitting is also not part of of skillset right now. *sigh* xoxox
rabbit...it's ok, honey. or do y'all have cable knit issues, too? xoxox
pat...exactly! well not the other things you did, but the comfort that throw just exudes! xoxoxo
leah...i have the photo on the fridge! i reallyreallyreally want it! xoxox
jayne...*sigh* it seems we all do now! xoxoxo
all I know how to do is find the catalog this is for sale in, and buy it. But, it's a beauty for sure. You have fabulous taste.
ReplyDeleteWhat throw?
ReplyDelete*only has eyes for the Eames chair*
I have to admit, this got my knitterly interest raised. I looked at the blow-up pic in the online catalogue, and it really does look super easy. Maybe I'll try to swatch it and see if I can get the gauge. It's definitely done on bigger needles than what I'm using now though; it's also rather loosely knit, and I like the messy insouciance of the stitches!
ReplyDeleteEvery time a new anthropologie catalogue comes out, knitters and crocheters get obsessed with inventing their own version of the elegant stuff they're showing, and I'm sure this is no exception!
...I heart anthropologie...
I think it needs big sticks and two people - maybe that's why you need fisherman they sit in the boat with an oar each and knit their way over the Atlantic ... that could be it
ReplyDeleteNo, but I know someone who makes rag rugs, if that helps
ReplyDeleteEasy squeezy. Are you familiar with Captain Birdseye? Well then, take half-a-dozen of his jerseys and unpick at the seams. Stitch together and neaten edges. Discard sleeves, or fashion into oversize hats for unpopular relatives. Hang completed garment on washing-line for 24 hours to dispel stench of fish.
ReplyDeleteThere's the TIM, but I do not go there.
ReplyDeleteCould be nalebinding or something.
ReplyDelete"have y'all been down to the docks anywhere lately?"
ReplyDeleteThe last time was when I was in the Navy, a long time ago. That's where I learned all about boatswains mates and their fids!
boxer...we are one and the same, sugar! and thank YOU! xoxoxo (i already suggested it as a birthday pressie for ME!)
ReplyDeletemj....yep, i noticed that, too and of course, had to go look at the eames site and drool over the black bird! xoxox
leah...I like the messy insouciance of the stitches! that's in perfectly! i receive a hard copy of the catalogue, but i did go online to see what y'all meant about the textiles! holy moley is that stuff fun to look at! xoxoxo
lulu...the MITM thought y'all were spot on, sugar! too funny! xoxox
kim...it could, in fact it might once the wood floors are installed, sugar! xoxox
mrs pouncer...y'all are the winner (if this was a contest) for the most inventive and hilarious response! i am truly glad y'all are back, darlin! xoxo
mago...thanks for the museum link, sugar! xoxox
xl...y'all are so cute, sugar! down by the docks (around here) all y'all see are trucks, truckers and MASSIVE loading cranes! i haven't seen a sailor in ages! xoxox
I've never knitted a blanket like this, but I have knitted a scarf with a similar pattern. Once you memorize the pattern, it's not so difficult. And baseball bats pretty much describes the size of those super-chunky needles.
ReplyDeleteSuddenly, I want to knit.
I looked at this the other day and fell in love myself! Then, my ADD took over and I forgot what I was doing. Now, that I've seen it again I want to ask my bff girls to look into this. She can do about anything artsy/crafty. I do not like such handwork Sam I am.
ReplyDeleteThinking about and praying for you this week Savvy!!
I must admit, I like the look of it, but my arms start hurting when I think about the weight of all this yarn hanging from my knitting needles!
ReplyDelete