Thursday, October 8, 2009

i have worried myself over something that turned out to be nothing

i'm fine now.

but it is interesting how we stress ourselves over the unknown. it seemed that suddenly everything in my life was overwhelming. i wrote 6 or 7 entries that i never posted because it just seemed as if i was whining and worrying and self-indulgent. i did my best to not worry and ended up whacked out even more! ask supernana, she'll tell you. simple actions took on monumental importance. oh yeah, there were lots of really sick jokes, but somehow the acceptance of the possibility in a joke made it ok. i think we watched every trailer for 2012, so y'all can guess the level of our humor! and yes, the coconut krewe knew, by email, so i wouldn't cry and make them worry even more. (ok, supernana heard from the MITM, but that was only because she called about something else.) i try not to surprise them with news via the blog. yes, i've been up in the air over a mis-read x-ray and now i know the truth.

i'm fine now.

the MITM was doing his best to stay calm. but dealing with my unknowns and the whimsanddramaqueenspoiledoldladyantics of miss daisy, his dance card has been overflowing and he's been even more stressed than normal! and let's don't even talk about his day job! anyway, he is a most wonderful man and i am most fortunate to have him as friend, companion, lover and husband! and...

he's fine now.

so, i'm taking a deep breath, giving thanks to the universe that i'm ok and unless the world really does end soon, i should be around for a few more years!

after all of that and just so y'all know, many deleted paragraphs, in the words of the best president we ever had except he was only on tv...


what's next?





note to self: never question the universe.

26 comments:

  1. "whining and worrying and self-indulgent"

    Hey, that's what blogging is all about!

    So pleased that things worked out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only you’d asked XL to come over with his special glasses.

    Oh Hai, XL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! We just don't need any new worries right now do we? So glad you were properly "read" Sav. (hugs to you) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. xl...yeah, but i wanted to be different! for a change, darlin. xoxox ;~D

    mj...i wish i had, sugar! *sigh* at least, we'd have known and could have spent the time partying instead of worrying! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. shan! missed you in that blog jinx moment! and yes, ma'am! i think we're all ready for some down time, sugar! ;~D xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad all is OK....when I'm stressed I blog, but not everyone wants to throw everything out there like I tend to do :P

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay - no imminent demise!

    Always a bonus that.

    Glad you're okay Savvy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well. I'm relieved you've emerged, Houdini-like, from the gloom.

    Scare us next time, not yourself! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Savannah,

    I'm just glad to know you (and all there) are okay. Nothing else (including 2012) really matters.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dad always says 90% of things we worry about never happen, and the 10% of things that do wouldn't have been changed by our worrying anyway.

    I must admit that although it might be true, it alays pissed me off when he said it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll agree with everyone else: I'm relieved to know that you're all right!

    And definitely, spread the worry around next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The one thing you should probably worry about is the thing that you'll never see or hear and that's what'll lay you out. Solution? Don't worry too much and when it happens try to take it like a man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I worry myself sick quite often and it takes me a long time to recover from my own daftness. I never learn. I'm glad you're feeling better now.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  14. "take it like a man"

    Better start whimpering Sav!

    Great that all's well
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Savannah- as the biggest worrier on earth I really feel for you and am so happy all is well. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Next time ya start thinking yer glass is half empty (and you never do, i know...)... Just consider, that perhaps yer using the wrong sized glass. You could be surprised.


    Just my bon mot for the day, as I make MY plans to drive home for Thanksgiving... or not.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had a feeling that it was something medical bothering you, so I'm ecstatic that you're okay and have plenty of sugar left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you're feeling better now. I think it's helpful that you wrote about it, even though you didn't post your writings. I find that writing things down often helps me relieve stress and it puts your fears and worries into a different light, often giving you a new perspective on things.

    Just enjoy being here with the rest of us; we certainly enjoy having you. Do what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mis-read x-ray, eh? That wouldn't the first, or the four millionth...

    I've just been dealing with a cyber-buddy in HK who has had an over-interpreted ultrasound scan to contend with...

    ReplyDelete
  20. very glad that all is well XXX

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad all is fine darlin' :-)
    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonders of photography, the Kirlians were right ...
    {Savannah} daht's ovah ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad all is well!

    But never hesitate to share worries with all of us.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad all is well, Savannah... and that you're all chillin'... ~hugs all round~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Im very happy that you are well. Another good reason to live each day to the fullest. "Yesterday is gone. Today is here. Tomorrow is promised to no one."

    I say we start the happy hour early. It's 5 oclock somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar