Monday, October 19, 2009

while we wait...

i nicked this from ginro to keep us entertained while we wait. there will probably be more videos, anecdotes and/or links today because i haven't heard a thing (it is still quite early here) and the MITM is with the coconut krewe minus 1 hunting in one of the western states*, and i really should tell him first...(here's captain chaos' rant about flying take on day 1 of the hunt)




*it's the first part of a trip we planned ages ago! and i'm meeting him on saturday out in lalaland no matter what!

(updates will be numbered today)

1. if y'all don't know scout check her out TODAY! click on the link she provides to her column AND make sure to look up the word (you'll see why!)

2. the MITM just called. seems t-mobile does not provide consistent nationwide coverage, so in order to reach me, he had to use a phone with a different provider...6 guys, 6 phones and they have to use different ones in different areas...wtf? given the amount of money people pay for service, coverage should be everywhere, any time, 24/7/365! dammit (i know, useless rant.)

3. if i haven't heard by noon, i'm calling the doc.

4. it's 1356hrs here and nothing has been faxed over to the doc.

5. i'm cleaning house to keep busy.

6. it's 1715hrs. nothing from the doc yet. i think i might send a note off to the radiologist/pathology department. you know, something along the lines of: note to self: tell the next patient it might be a couple of days, instead of YOU'LL KNOW ON MONDAY!

7. i'm still NOT done cleaning house.

39 comments:

  1. Seriously giood fun. I may have to nick this myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah,

    I am filled with good thoughts today.

    U

    ReplyDelete
  3. T-mobile is a satanic invention, customers are doomed to eternal loops of "please hold the line", I happily got rid of any t-mobile some years ago.
    Number 3 answers a question I was goin' to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im hoping for a joy-filled happy hour. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat clip, I have to show it to Sarge.

    I'm here too!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waiting absolutely sucks.

    Thanks for the link—honestly, I was thinking of you when I wrote my post today, hoping you would read the article and find a little comfort in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're all waiting with you, Savannah.

    I have some banana bread fresh out of the oven. Who wants a piece?

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're all here waiting with ya!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. *pulls up a chair pours some coffee*

    Ponita, I'd love a slice thanks.

    Savvy love, I'd give you another hug, except your ribs must be aching by now.

    For some reason my word verification today is: dougs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, have to feed the masses now and then go to work. Will peep in later.

    VW: merchy (!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i found that my absolute impatience and frustration with waiting would trump the scared... at least for a little while. fingers still crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. T-Mobile is doomed.

    I'll be thinking of you. It's about noon, there, now. I'm off to the doctor's to get my piss dipsticked as I believe I have a bladder infection. That mental image oughtta keep your mind off things...

    ReplyDelete
  13. No idea what time it is where you are, but I'm hoping to hear good news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right about cell phone coverage. It's ridiculous!!!

    Hope you get good news soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. y'all are too good! thanks for continuing to check in and leave a word. i looked for some music while on hold, but all my choices were too damn depressing. so, the tv is on while i'm cleaning (which is a feat in itself today) a design show...the news was too distracting... xoxoxo

    i should bake a cake! or brownies...or maybe just start happy hour early!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did someone say "Happy Hour?" It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Is it still gin & tonic season in the South? Im not fussy. I will have what you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That house should be clean by now!
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's nigh on 9pm here. Happy hour came and went, let me pour you a shot of tequila.

    I'll have some to keep you company. It wouldn't do to have you drinking alone.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just popping back around to say hi--

    mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. music? 1970's pop AM Radio songs... Partridge Family, 1910 Fruitgum Company, and all the bubblegum pop you can stand before going into diabetic coma!

    i was surprised that you were told they'd have results by monday. took about 3 days both times i had breast biopsies...

    fingers still crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  21. xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox :¬)

    ReplyDelete
  22. been gone all day. just came back to check
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just got back home.

    Housework is never done.

    "You'll have the results in x days" = "The check is in the mail."

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fingers crossed and hoping you get the news on Tuesday...Prayers and more Prayers.....
    La La Land? You mean here in my town?

    Keep cleaning my dear and bake a cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Morning ... back from the mines and still no result? Lazy basteds ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Morning lovely.

    I've got to work for a living today. But I'll pop in as soon as I get home to see how you're doing...in your sparkeling clean house and munching your yummy brownies.

    Fingers crossed for you (as I can't light candles at work).

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's Tuesday morning here now.
    Any News yet?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm cleaning house right along with you! It's good to keep busy and productive; so much better than just worrying and waiting.

    Whatever happens, we're with you all the way. And we're keeping you in our thoughts and wishing you the best.

    Much luv to you (and your loved ones!).

    ReplyDelete
  29. gonna start cleaning, too---and since it will be 65 and sunny today---gonna hang out the laundry, too
    All digits crossed
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. They never seem to have results right when they say they will in the med. field. Hopefully you'll hear from them TODAY and let us celebrate with you. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar