10. acid
9. officially questioned
8. stupid drunk
7. fired
6. breaking bones
5. hollywood curls
4. pixie bangs
3. pneumonia
2. being served
and the #1 thing i never want to experience again
i can't even tell you.
it's an interesting thing to start thinking about those things you'd rather forget ever happened and even more interesting to share them. this might not stay up for very long...
Ouch on number 6-breaking bones. I definitely wouldn't want to repeat that!
ReplyDeleteOh, numbers 10-acid and 8- stupid drunk could lead to number 9-officially questioned. And I've been stupid drunk on occasion :)
Did you have the Hollywood curl and pixie bangs at the same time?
eros...re the perm and the bangs, no, so it was 2 MAJOR hair mistakes! *sigh* xoxox
ReplyDeleteAn interesting read! But excuse me please for asking a stupid question: What is "pixie bangs"? And "being served" means you jumped out of a cake?
ReplyDelete(WV reads "conam" .. yeah Franconia is a wild country ...)
10. Was not illegal when I was in high school.
ReplyDelete5. Initially mis-read it as "hurls." Sorry.
1. :( What if I sent you a nice box of chocolates?
My goodness me, what an interesting life you've led. I sense fodder for a best-selling novel in there somewhere. ;)
ReplyDeletepixie bangs! will you tell me the number 1?
ReplyDeleteI can't relate to #4 and #5, but the other 8 are horrendous.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with Eleanor: there is a novel in there. Which reminds me, I need to reread The Valley of the Dolls again, my all-time favorite trash book.
Hi Savannah,
ReplyDelete"...this might not stay up for very long..."
Having listed these, do you think anyone will forget acid, hollywood curls or pixie bangs?
All I can say is that I congratulate you for being willing to share them.
You're still my sister...xxx
U
It must have been the brown acid.
ReplyDeleteFascinating.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like it was a bit painful for you to do this.
Does bangs mean a fringe?
pixie bangs: my word girl, I never knew you were away with the fairies;-)
ReplyDeleteWhen hairstyles get listed as worse than broken bones and being arrested, you have GOT to post pics of them on your blog :)
ReplyDeleteI share the broken bones but otherwise I think I must have had a fairly sheltered life.
ReplyDeleteUp till now. There ls still time for all hell to let loose.
Hey...I just thought I'd drop by.
ReplyDeleteYou're just a tease. How can you not say what #1 is? Meanie.
I'm so with you on #3, that is officially, Not Alot of Fun.
What an interesting meme! Nice one sugar & leave the post up hon, cos y'all know that life is a journey & we have to enjoy the ride, even with the things we'd like to forget :-)
ReplyDeleteOh man, no explanations?!?! You're cruel :)
ReplyDelete4 and 5 are a mystery to me but the others seem spot on.
ReplyDeleteIf I got you stupid drunk, would you tell me what number 1 is???
Prettyplease???
Pixie bangs?
ReplyDeleteYou are very brave.
Oh it's all so painful.
ReplyDeleteI think most of the things on my never-want-to-experience again list are things I can't tell anyone...
bless you for sharing!
I love your list and your honesty!
ReplyDeleteWonder what my list would look like.......
I have never had to endure 2,3,4,5 and 6....but I feel your pain....acid, I never want to venture that way again, fun yes, but never again...
ReplyDeleteWow. That's a list NO ONE wants to ever experience. I'm sorry you had to do it the first time.
ReplyDeletePIXIE BANGS. *shudder* me too.
I'm with you on; 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.
You can take it down now because I've written it in my diary: pixie bangs, you? I tried Hollywood curls myself and it was definitely worse than broken bones, I had to shave my head. Still, we live and learn, XXX
ReplyDeleteAcid was awesome!!
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is gettin' HIGH!
Miraculous as it may seem, I have never had pixie bangs..honest!
I concur with your decision to keep your worst nightmare private.
I'm certain that the people at the sperm bank are still talking about mine
:)
Great list! I gave myself pixie bands once—I was 7 and didn't like my Dutch boy haircut, so I took a pair of play scissors to my bangs, and things got out of control. My mother had to take me to the hair dresser to make the rest of my hair match. Actually, it's not unlike how my hair looks now 40 years later.
ReplyDeletePixie bangs? Hollywood curls? This is fascinating, even if I'm now off to google to find out what they are.
ReplyDeleteNow see what you've started: somewhere in London there'll be someone doing an accountancy exam sat behind a lady with pixie bangs.
ReplyDeleteBlogger underOvr (aka The U) said...
ReplyDeleteHi Savannah,
"...this might not stay up for very long..."
Having listed these, do you think anyone will forget acid, hollywood curls or pixie bangs?
All I can say is that I congratulate you for being willing to share them.
You're still my sister...xxx
U
i KNOW! what was i thinking, right? thanks for understanding, sugar! xoxo
Blogger MJ said...
It must have been the brown acid.
i no longer remember, sugar! xoxox
Blogger KAZ said...
Fascinating.
It sounds like it was a bit painful for you to do this.
Does bangs mean a fringe?
it was and yep, exactly what it means! xoxox
Blogger Momentary Madness said...
pixie bangs: my word girl, I never knew you were away with the fairies;-)
i was away with something, sugar! xoxox ;~D
Blogger Kim Ayres said...
When hairstyles get listed as worse than broken bones and being arrested, you have GOT to post pics of them on your blog :)
i realised afterward that the list might be understood as in order of importance, but that wasn't my intent. BUT, all evidentiary proof has been lost, so believe me when i say, it was not attractive, sugar!
Blogger Pat said...
I share the broken bones but otherwise I think I must have had a fairly sheltered life.
Up till now. There ls still time for all hell to let loose.
i'm not sure it's all that importnat, sugar! not now! xoxo
Blogger Roses said...
Hey...I just thought I'd drop by.
You're just a tease. How can you not say what #1 is? Meanie.
I'm so with you on #3, that is officially, Not Alot of Fun.
i'm surprised i shared the other 9, sugarpie! xoox (glad y'all stopped in!)
Blogger Jayne said...
What an interesting meme! Nice one sugar & leave the post up hon, cos y'all know that life is a journey & we have to enjoy the ride, even with the things we'd like to forget :-)
thanks, sugar! y'all know i will! xoxox
Blogger TC said...
Oh man, no explanations?!?! You're cruel :)
but y'al love me anyway, sugar! ;~D xoxox
Blogger white rabbit said...
4 and 5 are a mystery to me but the others seem spot on.
If I got you stupid drunk, would you tell me what number 1 is???
Prettyplease???
trust me, sugar, y'all aren't missing a thing! and nope, even stupid drunk, i wouldn't tell! xoxox
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...
Pixie bangs?
You are very brave.
or damn silly which is more true than i thought then! xoxox
Blogger Leah said...
Oh it's all so painful.
I think most of the things on my never-want-to-experience again list are things I can't tell anyone...
bless you for sharing!
and i think it's the last time i do a meme like this, hon! xoxox
Blogger Have the T-shirt said...
I love your list and your honesty!
Wonder what my list would look like.......
it took forever to post, but...anyway, try it and then decide if y'all want to share,sugar! xoxox
Blogger Manuel said...
I have never had to endure 2,3,4,5 and 6....but I feel your pain....acid, I never want to venture that way again, fun yes, but never again...
we live and learn, most of the time anyway, darlin! xoxox
Blogger Boxer said...
ReplyDeleteWow. That's a list NO ONE wants to ever experience. I'm sorry you had to do it the first time.
PIXIE BANGS. *shudder* me too.
I'm with you on; 8, 7, 6, 5, 4.
*shudder* is right! what the hell were we thinking? thanks, sweetness! xoxox
Blogger Eryl Shields said...
You can take it down now because I've written it in my diary: pixie bangs, you? I tried Hollywood curls myself and it was definitely worse than broken bones, I had to shave my head. Still, we live and learn, XXX
those spirals were NOTHING like the loose curls now! now thaqt i think of it, the pixie bangs of my day weren't like the pixie bangs now! xoxox
Blogger Donn w/2nz said...
Acid was awesome!!
Now THAT is gettin' HIGH!
Miraculous as it may seem, I have never had pixie bangs..honest!
I concur with your decision to keep your worst nightmare private.
I'm certain that the people at the sperm bank are still talking about mine
:)
it's so nice to talk to someone who knows what you're talking about, sugar! Painful memories! xoxox
Blogger Scout said...
Great list! I gave myself pixie bands once—I was 7 and didn't like my Dutch boy haircut, so I took a pair of play scissors to my bangs, and things got out of control. My mother had to take me to the hair dresser to make the rest of my hair match. Actually, it's not unlike how my hair looks now 40 years later.
i love y'all's current look, sugar! i wish i could say my adventure with pixie bangs had been a childhood diversion! *sigh* xoxox
Blogger Madame DeFarge said...
Pixie bangs? Hollywood curls? This is fascinating, even if I'm now off to google to find out what they are.
we're not talking current manifestations, sugar! don't think of kirsten dunst loose curls or posh spice pixie bangs! look further back in time! masses of spirals = hollywood curls and my pixie bangs, well, i can't bear to describe them! xoxox
Blogger Kevin Musgrove said...
Now see what you've started: somewhere in London there'll be someone doing an accountancy exam sat behind a lady with pixie bangs.
yikes! what have i done, sugar? xoxo
mago said...
ReplyDeleteAn interesting read! But excuse me please for asking a stupid question: What is "pixie bangs"? And "being served" means you jumped out of a cake?
(WV reads "conam" .. yeah Franconia is a wild country ...)
a hair style, sugar, best left to the young! and no, no cake jumping, receiving legal papers*sigh* xoxox
Blogger xl said...
10. Was not illegal when I was in high school.
5. Initially mis-read it as "hurls." Sorry.
1. :( What if I sent you a nice box of chocolates?
it was when i dropped it, too, sugar! and i felt like hurling when i saw my hair! thanks for the offer, but #1 happened many years ago. xoxox
Blogger Eleanor said...
My goodness me, what an interesting life you've led. I sense fodder for a best-selling novel in there somewhere. ;)
i think it's been done already, hon, but thanks! xoxox
Blogger supernana said...
pixie bangs! will you tell me the number 1?
yeah, what was i thinking? and you already know the answer. xoxox
Blogger Charlie said...
I can't relate to #4 and #5, but the other 8 are horrendous.
And I agree with Eleanor: there is a novel in there. Which reminds me, I need to reread The Valley of the Dolls again, my all-time favorite trash book.
y'all make me laugh, sugar! thanks! xoxox
Oh blimey.. when was Wednesday?? Apologies, I'm here now...
ReplyDeleteSx
...oh yes. If you do number 10 properly you never ever do it again.
ReplyDeleteSx