Saturday, June 6, 2009

this is why we live in the south, babyeeee



today is packing day, tomorrow is his flight. y'all know how this works...i'll be back later

TUESDAY UPDATE:
i fell asleep for a few days. thanks for still checking in, sugarpies! the pic was from our soft shell crab feast back in april. the MITM is right this very instant on a plane from CDG to deepestdarkestafrica. i think i'm going back to sleep for another day.

and a special thanks to the hangar queen! you rock, sugar!

31 comments:

  1. You know my thoughts on seafood. The less that I see of it, the better. But anyway, have a great day and hope everything goes well today and tomorrow. Our company may be a poor substitute, but we're here for you.

    xoxoxo to both of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, 'specially l'Artois!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. ".., but I ended up back in the beard of the biker!" (Old crabs joke, sorry.)

    MMmmmm. Cooking in the kitchen of love, baby! Nothing like a crisp Stella to make the food preparation into a party of its own!

    Of course to my Singapore chili crab eyes, where one monster Sri Lankan is enough for three people, all those little ones look like way too much hard work.

    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lookin' stuff you got there !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't a good Southern beer like Dixie go better with that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shellfish but am allergic to it :-(
    Bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Savannah,

    It took a trip to Venice to trigger a love of seafood. Go on and do your thing; heard a song which I think sums up the MITM and you. I'll check you on the flip side.

    Thanks for the shout,

    U

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feared that MJ was going to offer to make crab cakes.


    Oh Hai MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious! All you need now is some butter to go with that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But Stella Artois is from Belgium!
    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are those soft shelled crabs, Savannah? Had them in San Diego once - wow! Absolutely delish! You can have the beer, though... not a fan of that at all.

    Hope you're both making the most of your time together. Wishing the MITM a great trip and a speedy and safe return to you and the South.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I have a Stella I think of you guys. I love Stella. I love crab meat too. Save me some leftovers. "God Speed" to "The Man" for a safe trip. Im sure you had a memorable day together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be quite happy with crabs. Especially those ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing beats gnawing on the sweet meat of crab, followed by the best lager in the world by far.. Stella Artois.

    You lucky woman yee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who was it sang' That's what I like about the south!'
    Hoagy Carmichael?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh, yummy!

    He'll be back sooner than you know, Savannah.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of the highlights of my bicycle trip across America was a crab feast in the South. The only time I've ever eaten with a hammer.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope the feast was fun and the flight was fancy.

    Now let all your self-indulgent urges hold the reins for a day or too. If anyone asks us we'll say you were living the life of a Stylite, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You lead such a yo-yo life, the two of you. I do hope the time passes speedily for you, XXX

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mmmm...we'd be frying them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. mmmmmm, crabs. Take care, Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so going to have to nip out and snaffle me some of those insidious American Crayfish that have invaded our streams over here.

    Nothing better than a tasty enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This must be the most mouthwatering blog I've ever come across!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never had Soft Shell Crabs. You can treat me one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You'd like to adopt a fully-grown daughter, wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar