Saturday, June 27, 2009

almost a week, but not quite

thanks to all y'all who stopped by while i was away, i mean, even the MITM asked why i wasn't blogging! so if y'all were wondering but just didn't want to ask, the answer is simple: i couldn't do it. i couldn't think of anything entertaining, much less, intelligent to write about. now, that's not to say i wasn't thinking or engaging in meaningful conversation about all that's happened in the world because i was, doing that, i mean, and working, too! anyway, to paraphrase one of the best movies lines, i'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that my little problems don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.

so, i took a break. i've been reading all y'all and even commented a few times, but these past few days have been spent in remembrance and contemplation. we need to, i need to and it has been good. we are such fragile creatures, no matter how strong we are physically, our emotions triggered by the slightest things that the day before would have not garnered notice and suddenly, it comes to you what it is you're not thinking about, but somehow you know you've hidden between some pages of your mental moleskin and snapped the rubberband tightly around it. it was about the passage of time, the acknowledgment of it and the awareness of an ending, not the beginning for a change.

so, here we are back to celebrating the good things around us! the coconut krewe is hanging in there (we are our own mardi gras float), the MITM is hanging in there, miss daisy is hanging in there, so there it is. no need to cut a few notes, court composer, it all fits...(and if you know where THAT totally paraphrased line comes from you're good!)

i think it's time to watch the west wing.


(rest in peace, liz & pete)

33 comments:

  1. To Liz and Pete I say RIP too.
    And Farrah and Micheal etc.
    It's been awful, how are you coping, Sugar?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, ister, a 20yr. anniversary and im fine, sugar. thanks again. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good people seem to be shrugging off the mortal coil just now. I imagine God standing on the boat pier calling 'Come in all the good ones.'
    Some of us should be OK for a while then:)
    I'm in a turmoil of work and STUFF and should just keep my nose to the grindstone but I need to keep saying Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which few did you have in mind, Majesty?

    I woke up, not too early, to a beautiful sunny morning. Now I see that Miss Savannah is stirring as well. I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pat! i know, sugar, we just can't stay away too long, ok? xoxox

    xl...y'all are good, sugar! ;~D and far too kind! thank you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need to step back occasionally and look at the forest because the trees get in the way.

    It was your turn this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are ridiculously fragile creatures...soft tissued, slow moving, how we ever made it off the African Savannah is beyond me?

    This week of celebrity fatalities is just the beginning...
    just look at a demographic chart, the sh*t is about to hit the "fans"...
    so to speak.

    Anyway, the good news about being a Celeb is that you will never really die..
    you'll be on TV reruns,
    a click away on youtube,
    forever and ever,
    amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eloquent as ever hen. For me.. Charlie summed it up beautifully in his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a firm believer in living life to the fullest, so enjoy the good things and cherish your loved ones, because it's not how long we live but how we live that is most important. And you certainly know how to live!

    Welcome back; I hope you enjoyed your time off to think about other things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for your vusit and your Birthday Greetings! It is lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, no-one's mentioned it, but it's Amadeus. And I use it myself frequently. Too many notes. Especially when you realise that most of life is scribbling and bibbling.

    (closely related to Morecambe and Wise - playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order - another favourite).

    Good to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "we are our own mardi gras float"
    Nice One Savvy!Welcome Back

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're back. It's always good to take some time, especially from blogging, to stop and think.

    I did that once, but I forgot to start again...

    Thinking, that is.

    Okay, I got the quote, but I'm totally missing the "Liz & Pete" reference. Help?

    ReplyDelete
  14. charlie...that was it, sugar. time and space..and the kindness of friends. xoxox

    donn...y'all know this better than most right now, sugar. thank you for your words and reminders. xoxox

    t-galpal...thank you, sugar! i missed you, too! xoxox

    jimmy...high praise from you, darlin! and thank you for your kindness. xoxox

    eros...like minds, honeypie, like minds! thanks for the love! xoxox

    lady...the pleasure was mine, i hope y'all wil come back because i will certainly be dropping by again! we cali girls have to stick together, sugar! xoxox

    MDF...you're right, sugar, xl only answered back in kind. i am so not surprised y'all use that line, too. ;~D xoxoxo

    tony...it's really true, sugar! just ask the coconut krewe! ;~D xoxox

    mr. moose...a long time and just yesterday, #3

    fatsparra...my mom & dad, sugar, both gone 20 years this june.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why have I been so late everywhere...?
    Welcome back!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice to see you here again - having stepped back to admire the wood so to speak
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to see you back, too.

    Memory has a habit of creeping up behind you with a sock full of wet sand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I won't be sorry to say goodbye to 2009. Apart from losing my beloved father in February, I was at my dear friend Maria's funeral two weeks ago, which was the toughest day I've spent in a long, long time. In April, she was fine; by 1 June, she had gone. Thank God we never know the hour, nor the day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I'm so sorry! It never really gets easier, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Argh, I missed XL's response. That'll teach me to go straight to the comment form.

    I'm too good at dwelling on stuff - it's a real talent of mine. I hope that you deal with it better than I do. My mental moleskin has big chains and padlocks.

    And you're always worth reading. No matter what you write. Don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "it was about the passage of time, the acknowledgment of it and the awareness of an ending..."

    This concept has haunted me for so much of my adult life. You put it all so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Smart you to recognize you needed to take a break -- and then taking it. And thank you for reminding us of the joy in celebrating the good things. That's the best way to honor the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that movie.

    And am glad to hear you're hanging in there...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. When you can't write, you can't write. And that's OK. Sometimes our thoughts insist on dragging us in different directions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yup. It's like that, isn't it...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I understand. xoxoxo. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We all need to recharge our batteries occasionally. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  28. "Ending" being the word. Yes.
    The reason to celebrate life.

    Take care on yerself, it's the best thing one can do.
    And march on: Head up, eyes open, no fear.

    (Savannah)

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar