Saturday, June 20, 2009

*ack*

i went to bed around 2000hrs, woke up at 0430, spoke with the boss (aka MITM), went back to bed around 0730 AND JUST WOKE UP! it's 90 degrees outside and i am so not going outside today. do you know what that means when you live in the south? massive humidity which means the heat index is probably going to be near 115 this afternoon.

yes, it could be worse, but i'm here not there where it is probably worse.

and it will get worse around here today.

yes, i'm whining,

yes, i'm cranky and

yes, i don't know what else, but dammit, i ain't susie sunshine all the time, yanno?

even scarlett o'hara had a fit of pique!

UPDATE (totally unrelated to my hangdog attitude today.)

seems the new york times has a reporter who was tagged by the bastids who caused a PITA for me!

12 comments:

  1. Yes, but Scarlette was a horrible racist and sexist nincompoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prescribe Ice-Cubes in liberal doses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

    Scarlett
    Gone With The Wind

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were taught in primary school that the British temperate climate is the best in the world.
    Even after reading this post I still think it was a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cap'n...fiddle di dee, sugar! :~D

    tony...in sweet tea today as we speak! xoxox

    xl...i KNOW! (said in my best west hollywood voice!) xoxoxo

    kaz...i love you, honey! thanks for reminding me that i really do love living heah! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feet up, good book and - are you still not drinking? I'm not sure what a mint julep is but it sounds cool.
    Your bonny wee health!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel--I can get pretty whiny in the extreme heat and humidity too. NYC gets some pretty gruesome days in midsummer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It gets warmish here in the desert, but thankfully no humidity—which makes all my body parts feel like they're stuck together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ignore Kaz, she's feeling cranky 'cos we've had all four seasons this week in Manchester. Perhaps even five, God alone knows what Thursday night was about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't sleep last night. T'storms in NE Ohio, lots of rain, wind and humidity. The garden cart overflowed.
    So did the basement--with water. I feel like a slug today. And we have a houseful of #2 daughter's friends this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'all should come an' live HERE for a spell!
    Cold!
    Damp!
    MOTHERFUCKINDEPRESSINGDEAR!
    What I wouldn't give for a tan!
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some days you really aren't supposed to get out of bed. You knew that, right?

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar