all the other dad's out there:
and yes, i did send that card to the MITM, but i also told him it was too damn good NOT to post on the blog!
now, y'all know how much i hate hallmark card holidays, but good dads get shortchanged enough on a daily basis, so i thought i'd say hey because no one ever talks about all the really good dads out there who always do the right thing and never make a big deal of it. they get up every morning and make it so, as captain picard used to say, no matter what it is they have to do. so, here's to all the guys who do what they're supposed to do!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
(if you can, give your dad a hug today and tell him it's from savannah.)
UPDATE:
just found out that today is also scout's birthday! take a minute and run over and wish this lovely lady a grand birthday!
. . . oh wait, sorry , excuse me, I was puking in my mouth. I really could have done without the first one.
ReplyDeleteWell, my dad is still my (flawed) hero even at my advanced age. My mother may wonder why I'm giving my dad a hug from you, but I'm sure if I explain, she'll be fine :).
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the weekend too.
bean...tis to laugh! ;~D
ReplyDeleteMDF...you're a peach, sugar! all y'all have a grand time, too! xoxxo
hahah! to the first card and supernana's reaction! You have made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI love this--and the fact that you quoted Picard makes me love it even more!
Happy Father's Day to the MITM!
xo
Ha!@Supernana.
ReplyDeleteWould that I could.
ReplyDeleteI very seldom say LOL, but I LOL at that first card!
ReplyDeleteI have a suspicion you have something to do with his being a happy man.
So Happy Father's Day to the MITM, where ever in the world he is.
Hear! Hear! Happy Fathers Day to all you great dads out there!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day to the MITM and I hope you had yourself a good day too.
ReplyDeleteI was going to say this was a great post, and then I got to the end and thought this is a REALLY great post.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about good fathers not being given enough credit.