Sunday, June 29, 2008

super sunday


yeah, that's right! the euro 2008 is down to the final match in vienna today! spain v. germany at 1430 hrs on abc here in the states. so, i'll be taking a movie/nyt reading/coffee swilling break to watch. my money is riding on spain, in case you're wondering.

~~~~
from bbc:
Spain claimed their first major title for 44 years after winning Euro 2008 with a deserved victory over Germany.

15 comments:

  1. Spain has so much talent, but the German team is ruthlessly efficient (as Germans tend to be). I'm rooting for Spain, but really know if they can win it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Football normally bores the pants off me, but in a couple of minutes I'll be going next door to watch it with my German neighbour, so I'll be supporting Spain just to wind him up.
    Hey ho. Gotta do my bit for international relations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't have been more right Sav!
    Whoda thought it, a none european with an idea about soccer! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cap'n...OMG! talked to t&m...they were on the roof! xox

    jay...one day, sugar, one day, it'll be a team fro the usa! well done, espana! xox

    dive...hope you had a blast wonding him up and were gracious in victory! NOT! xoxox

    howesy...i'm more than just a pretty face, sugar! ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care what anybody says it was as dull as dishwater......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have noooo idea what you're all talking about, but the pictures are pretty.

    :-)

    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Spanish deserved the win, they played soccer - the others simply stood around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There wasn't enough arse slapping or shirt removal for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im glad Spain Won (the Germans are a pretty clinical type of side)
    Savvy.remind me via email later his week & i will send you details of my househunting in Italy.......My head is still all over the place & i return to Work today.so please remind me....Its interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might be slightly biased as a liverpool fan, but torres..the best striker in the world..And Senna?! player of the tournament. wheres he been all these years??

    ReplyDelete
  11. manuel...i've a lot to learn, sugar! i thought it was damned exciting! xoxox

    anonboxer...just the biggest thing outside of the upcoming world cup in sports, sugar! ;-) xoxox

    mago...i thought spain played really well, too, sugar! i totally enjoyed the game! xoxo

    mj...i noticed that, too, sugar! xoxo

    tony...by wednesday, ok? that'll give you time to return to the world! ;-) xoxox

    dean...incredible young man! gonna be a pleasure watching him! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Savannah, here’s a little something from me for your enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done Spain! Everything comes to he who waits:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the match was exciting but then I don't watch it as religiously as most of the people I know from home.

    Spain might have won 4-0 with all the near misses they had. There weren't really too many chances for the Germans to convert to goals though.

    Apparantly, Jens Lehmann, the German goalie was pretty sour about it all in the post match interviews. And Ballack's just a bully, despite his rather sexy sweaty bleeding midway through.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar