(The Polish, and the Irish, a match made in Dublin;-) I guess I'll rent the DVD. You know I once upon a time .... well I became emotion about the underdog (low-budget) getting a slice, but my age, or ???? sees it as just another stepping stone to big-budget---- however I like the song, and the story behind it, but again that's what sells these days.
Lovely, Savannah. These two are so much fun. Dod you catch the movie? I like this clip. Someone seems to tickle the cameraman about a minute and a half in.
manuel...it's been 3 months, sugar, but honestly, this is the hardest stretch. xoxo (what a waste re gsh - sitting in the joint again for cocaine possession)
conan...so did we! such a sweet small movie with a fantastic soundtrack! i'm glad it won an oscar. xoxox
It was just delightful when they won the Oscar. The film is beautiful but the song is what makes it. And these too - they are so appealing, separately and together.
(The Polish, and the Irish, a match made in Dublin;-)
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll rent the DVD.
You know I once upon a time .... well I became emotion about the underdog (low-budget) getting a slice, but my age, or ???? sees it as just another stepping stone to big-budget---- however I like the song, and the story behind it, but again that's what sells these days.
The station we play in the shop plays this song at least once a day and no matter where I am, I stop working and just listen.
ReplyDeleteA lovely break and a lovely song.
Have a great Tuesday.
Lovely, Savannah.
ReplyDeleteThese two are so much fun. Dod you catch the movie?
I like this clip. Someone seems to tickle the cameraman about a minute and a half in.
Twenty days will fly by.
momo...i can't be cynical about this song or the film, sugar ;-) it's sweet and in the end...well, you'll see! xoxo
ReplyDeleteanonboxer...this is my song sung tuesday, sugar...counting days and remembering lyrics and sometimes, letting the tears fall! xoxo
dive-alish...aren't they though? they were adorable at the oscars! i loved the movie, sugar and the soundtrack!! xoxo
20 days eh.......I couldn't cope.....honestly....I've got some Gil Scott Heron on at the mo......so so good.
ReplyDeleteWe've got the DVD and the soundtrack, and 'Gold' by Interference is one of my favoutites.
ReplyDelete"And I love her so.
I wouldn't trade her for gold.
Walking on moonbeams
I was born with a silver spoon.
Hell I'm gonna be me.
Gonna be free.
Walking on moonbeams
And staring out to sea.
And if a door be closed
Then a row of homes start building
And tear your curtains down
For sunlight is like gold.
Hell you better be you
Do what you can do.
Walking on moonbeams
And staring out to sea.
Cause if your skin was soil
How long do you think before they'd start digging.
And if your life was gold
How long do you think you'd stay living.
And I love her so.
I wouldn't trade her for gold."
Didn't figure Manuel as another GSH fan... The revolution will NOT be televised...
manuel...it's been 3 months, sugar, but honestly, this is the hardest stretch. xoxo (what a waste re gsh - sitting in the joint again for cocaine possession)
ReplyDeleteconan...so did we! such a sweet small movie with a fantastic soundtrack! i'm glad it won an oscar. xoxox
It was just delightful when they won the Oscar. The film is beautiful but the song is what makes it. And these too - they are so appealing, separately and together.
ReplyDeletesam...absolutely! xox
ReplyDelete