Wednesday, June 11, 2008

summer music and birthday parties



a song for the MITM because it's true (17 days)

last night was my mother-in-laws 86th birthday. small dinner party at my sister-in-law's place around the corner. the MITM's mom is an incredible woman. she just retired AGAIN from teaching. i think this time she probably won't look for another part time gig. she just bought a lexus, fully ticked out with a moon window! and signed up at a local gym and already has her summer lined out with activities, as she said, she didn't have time for when she was working! when i left the party, they'd opened the second bottle of champagne (yes, i had a glass before i left) and she was sailing along in all her glory. i can only hope to be as dynamic as she is when i'm 86!

she's a lovely lady and i am most fortunate to have her in my life.

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, she sounds wonderful, Savannah!

    I'm not too sure about a "moon window" however. The thought of an 86 year old lady mooning out the window of her Lexus is scary yet strangely hilarious.

    The countdown is flashing by! Not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy - belated - Birhtday.
    Any Champers left?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dive...she's too funny! xoxox

    momo...probably not, knowing those guys! ;-) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn these seniors and their hepped-up lifestyles!

    And they're entitled to discounts and free stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When (I hope) I turn 86 I plan to start smoking and driving cars really fast.

    YOUR MIL is an inspriration. NOT to the bad lifestyle I plan, but for the GREAT life she has.

    17........... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile and laugh because my grandpa turns 86 this month too and it was two years ago at 84, after open heart surgery, that he FINALLY stopped driving school bus.

    P.S. Thanks for the good wishes: I hope I get it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mother-In_Law sounds like a sassy chick!
    Thanks For The Pablo Neruda tip.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH Grandma! so many things I'll never forget, that of course I can't repeat. . . but you know what I'm talking about. I am the teacher I am because of her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love young old people, they are such an inspiration and just rock. HOwever, miserable, moanie old people I would like to drop kick into next week. None spring to mind though.

    I think my mother will be quite good fun if she gets to 86. She's just turned 72 (she choses not to keep track of her age) and if she's asked her age on her birthday her standard answer is, 'I don't know, it's my birthday - not a maths test.'

    ReplyDelete
  10. What does "MITM" stand for?
    Man In The Moon?
    Is that a sexual reference?

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar