Friday, June 13, 2008

if you're not in the book. . .

today is filled with things to do, or rather, have things done anytime between 8 an and noon. starting with the phone company coming by to rewire a phone jack in the kitchen, a complimentary discussion of landscaping ideas for the back garden area is also on the list. a friend is returning borrowed dvd's before she takes off on vacation (in case the MITM wants to see them while he's home). a package is supposed to be delivered first thing in the morning (or whatever their slogan is). so between the hours of 8am and noon, i am house bound. stuck. immovable. trapped. not that i had any plans anyway, but it's the idea of it all. and it's all confined to a small window in the morning.

ok, i'm just bugged i had to get up early.

i need more coffee.

(and it's friday, the 13th!!)

nothing says summer music like the beach boys. . .





and now in my kitchen...

15 comments:

  1. Look at it this way: you don't have to share the coffee pot with anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee.
    Just think of it as one morning closer to MITM Day.
    Enjoy!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! You've added a song!
    And what a brilliant summer song it is, Savannah!
    The Beach Boys just make me grin from ear to ear.
    How can anyone NOT feel great listening to this.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get a spare minute perhaps you could pop over to Singapore and help E@L with the dishes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've seen the Beach Boys in concert about five times... and it was ALWAYS happy.

    I hope everything arrived on time so that you get to get out.

    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. According to my clock you are only 4 hours away from a well made gin and tonic. Every cloud has a silver lining. I love the Beach Boys. How can you listen to "Kokomo" and NOT have a cold drink in your hand. Cheers! I hope I have brightened your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chica...*sigh* i know, but not for long! xox

    dive-alish... ;-) you noticed, sugar! and yea for the beach boys! (i really am a cali gurl at heart) xoxox

    dh-darlin...uh, no, but i did send him a style book for his grammarphobia1 ;-) xoxo

    anonboxer...happy friday to you, too sugarpie! xoxo

    mark...cheers to you, too1 it's friday and after 12, so it's cocktail time! xoxox

    mj...and that is ok with me, at least he's still waaaaay older than me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that telephone!

    I had a package undelivered today so I have to pick that up on Monday as I don't want to do it tomorrow. Tomorrow is a day for sleeping. All day.

    I also love the song.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool phone! I had not realized it was Friday the 13th until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, dial up ... Kaffee is good. Anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bad video, great phone, cross paths with a black cat today because you're Muslim and don't believe in stupid superstitions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. petey-petal...i love it! so retro, but ridiculously heavy1 xoxo

    scout...thanks, sugar! it is so compact! xox

    mago..it's actualy a touchtone, not dial up..an authentic fake,. so to speak! xox

    cap'n...forget the video it's the music, dude...the beach boys! the black cat lives under the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've worked overnight in the office twice in the past year, and The Beach Boys provided the soundtrack on both occasions - kept me going well into the small hours before I had to have a nap on the sofa.

    Loveley phone, Savannah - elegant and reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that phone is made using authentic bakelite?

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar