
there will be far more articulate voices talking about barack obama, but i have to add my few words about how joyful i felt watching him last night! his words:
"Tonight we mark the end of one historic journey with the beginning of another -- a journey that will bring a new and better day to America"
were stirring and compelling! i can only hope that he will continue in his forward looking political philosophy and not succumb to pressures to take up the past policies of the democratic party by awarding any positions as political favors. i firmly believe there is a wealth of talent in the party to find a strong and suitable vice-presidential candidate who will strengthen and compliment his ability to gain the white house in november and defeat senator mccain.
~~~~~~~
maureen dowd has one of the best op-ed pieces today! i can only hope someone reads it!
I thought he made McCain look like a blithering old fool tonight. The contrast between the two was amazing.
ReplyDeleteNot to mention how bitter and selfish Hillary looked.
Thank Jesus Christ that Clinton ? (idiot) is out of the race.
ReplyDeleteHillary Clinton refuses to admit defeat, she's a sad sad person.
ReplyDeleteAs I said, she would do anything for power.
I wouldn't be surprised if she was cught plotting to assassinate Obama- the way she has carried on I tell you nothin' ....
And it wouldn't surprise me if Israel nuked Iran to throw the world upside down to thwart any possible progression; far fetched as that may seem, American/Israeli politics is stranger than truth?
ReplyDeleteThe Headlines to day :Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says Iran's nuclear programme must be stopped by "all possible means".
AMEN to AIPAC.
ReplyDeleteThey will call the shots- live rounds included.
Yay, Barack!
ReplyDeleteOne tiny step closer to a sane world.
Wasn't that speech amazing? I mean, really. At the end, when he went all fiery "This is OUR moment...." I got goosebumps.
ReplyDeleteHell, I have goosebumps now, just remembering.
I'm thrilled that our generation has such a man leading us.
Edwards for VP?
ReplyDeleteRichardson for VP? Hilary for Betty Ford Clinic?
ReplyDeleteMaybe.
ReplyDeleteGod I hope so.......but something niggles me......Is America ready......I'm not so sure.....I really hope I'm wrong.....
ReplyDeleteIt's Hard To Judge, This Side of The Pond, What His Chances Are (The BBC is so Neutral!)However He Seems Better than Your Other Options.
ReplyDeletejay...i know, sugar! just the visuals alone w/o audio! bless her heart, it's a shame hillary's mama didn't teach how to say thank you and goodbye! ;-) xox
ReplyDeletemomo, reggie, cyrano and anon....be positve, darlings! we can't add anymore negativity into the world! xoxo
dive & swf...we live in hope, sugar and vote in reality! obama in '08
ReplyDeleteconan & cap't...anything is possible now..just not clinton! xox
mago...this is one time i'm glad to be a pollyanna and always think the best will happen! xox
ReplyDeletemanuel...we really are better than it appears, sugar! the past 8 years have united people in a way we only experienced for a very short while in '68. don't give up on the basic goodness of the american people xoxo
So is it Obama and Mccain now or is Hillary still at it?
ReplyDeleteDamn! I could have used that name in my little story. Well maybe in part 4 then.
tony...i read bbc online and watch bbc america...your man here does a very good job! we'll all see how this unfolds soon enough! xoxo
ReplyDeletepetey-pet..it is indeed, sugar..now we're waiting for clinton to bow out graciously...and not wait until pigs fly or the convention in denver rolls around xox
ReplyDeleteI was driving home listening to his speech last night and..... I was so proud of this country...and him. And us.
ReplyDeleteChange is coming.
from your mouth, to god's ear, sugar! ;-) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHe can't be any worse than Dubya, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteAnd how silly is the idea of Hilary becoming prez. Last time we had a woman in charge of things we all suffered...badly.
;-)
Hope you're good over there! x
God I hope so.....
ReplyDeleteister...sugar, leaps & bounds better! LOL@the thatcher remark...*snickering*
ReplyDeletemanuel...so do we all over here, babe! xoxo