In 1968 discussing the possibility of withdrawal from Vietnam was not a favorable thing. Now, every presidential candidate at least mentions the withdrawal from Iraq as a real policy choice. Now the opposition to oppression is greater (than 68) along with what’s happening in the world. I don’t think it is as easy for the US to support or initiate military coups as easy/much as it did before. The last time the US supported a military coup was in 2002 in Venezuela. They just can't do the kinds of things they used to, but I think they know this very well, and are working on more control. How on earth (you say) I say can they get away with Guantanamo Bay, and little international opposition; to be honest I don’t understand that one fully. Any ideas? Some of these prisoners (found innocent) ready to be released can’t leave because no country will take them. They are branded for ever, and some will be rearrested in their own country imprisoned, and tortured; most simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Hello my name is Harry Haller, and I am well aware of my duality. I have worked tirelessly at taming the wild wolf in me. I am beginning to accept the lightheartedness of society, but it is very difficult for me. I recognize this trait in all human beings.
Ah, Otis Redding. Too bad there won't be another like him anytime soon since no one bothers to learn how to really sing or dress anymore. I don't think "Dock of the Bay" would sound the same if Lil Wayne tried to sing a cover. His gold fronts would probably get in the way.
Wow interesting Post, interesting comments...totally agree. .the good ole' days cannot believe I say it now. Hated when my Mum referred to as if my tastes of Music, fashion etc was crap...lol x
In 1968 discussing the possibility of withdrawal from Vietnam was not a favorable thing. Now, every presidential candidate at least mentions the withdrawal from Iraq as a real policy choice.
ReplyDeleteNow the opposition to oppression is greater (than 68) along with what’s happening in the world. I don’t think it is as easy for the US to support or initiate military coups as easy/much as it did before. The last time the US supported a military coup was in 2002 in Venezuela. They just can't do the kinds of things they used to, but I think they know this very well, and are working on more control. How on earth (you say) I say can they get away with Guantanamo Bay, and little international opposition; to be honest I don’t understand that one fully. Any ideas?
Some of these prisoners (found innocent) ready to be released can’t leave because no country will take them. They are branded for ever, and some will be rearrested in their own country imprisoned, and tortured; most simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Hello my name is Harry Haller, and I am well aware of my duality. I have worked tirelessly at taming the wild wolf in me. I am beginning to accept the lightheartedness of society, but it is very difficult for me.
ReplyDeleteI recognize this trait in all human beings.
Steppenwolf...more Canadian content.
ReplyDeleteJerry Edmonton and Goldy McJohn were Canadian and German-born John Kay became a Canadian citizen.
Ah, Otis Redding. Too bad there won't be another like him anytime soon since no one bothers to learn how to really sing or dress anymore. I don't think "Dock of the Bay" would sound the same if Lil Wayne tried to sing a cover. His gold fronts would probably get in the way.
ReplyDeleteWow interesting Post, interesting comments...totally agree. .the good ole' days cannot believe I say it now. Hated when my Mum referred to as if my tastes of Music, fashion etc was crap...lol x
ReplyDelete