Friday, May 31, 2013

WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT!



here's the article i read on that other social media site about the commercial you just watched (you did, didn't you? no? go on, i'll wait)

sweet mary sunshine, what year is this?  we have different ethnic backgrounds, but unless some people are breeding with animals and producing offspring, we are one species, we are one race and that is human. i'm glad when commercials reflect the diversity that is america!  i am tired of the duplicity and ignorance that is masquerading as freedom of speech.  (read the article)


as an aside, i'm also tired of the ugly, hateful, grotesque language being used to describe the President and his family.  disagree with his policies, disagree with his party, absolutely your right. BUT, if you dislike the man ONLY because of his ethnic make-up be honest about that fact!  then you can talk about why you disagree with his policies. but that's not the focus of this post...i just had to say it! for the record, i disagree with some of the policies of this administration and i am disappointed that some promises made have not been kept, but sadly, that is the nature of politics today.

it's friday morning and i am tired already. i am seriously thinking about chucking that other social media site because that seems to be where all the venom is spewed/shared/posted by people i know and it hurts my heart.  i need to look at yesterday's video again.  *sigh*

OK, rant over (and it has been severely edited, sugarpies!)

~~~~~~~~

i saw this group on the cbs morning show! great way to end this post and also start the weekend!



61/365

13 comments:

  1. OMG ! YES ! I so agree with you.
    You always write with such conviction, honesty, joy and happiness.

    I am so upset with my Democrat Party (I am leaving after 47 years) the President, Nancy Pelosi (just see what she is doing to the Oakland Bay Bridge along with Willie Brown) and Janet Napolitano my former Governor... but this is my country and he is My President.
    I disagree with much that is going on right now in Washington. There is no place for all this hate.
    If you live in a Border State and City as I do you see the subversion of our system of laws, for power, money and bought vote to rival any Daley Chicago years and the press never talks about this on the news but I tangent here.......

    I love your heading and thought to myself I must read this post first !
    I too just saw this clip on CBS and thought what a great way to start the weekend.

    On a side note, One Grandmother to another, I skyped with Japanese family at midnight my time, so I could see my 3 year old granddaughter open Birthday gifts !
    Great way to start the weekend !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! I had 2 thoughts on seeing that ad: what a cute kid (normal and non-obnoxious!)and how funny is that?!

    Sometimes I wonder when the world will grow up. I guess when Common Sense wanders back home.

    I've always been an Independent voter rather than a "Party" person. Sadly politicians are too far removed from those they "serve" by living in that D.C. bubble. It's that "Red Team/Blue Team" mentality that has us circling the drain instead of doing the right thing. I told Hubby last night I thought D.C. politicians should have to tele-commute to work: make them STAY at home where their constituents live and argue with other politicians on Skype. ;)

    However, on a lighter note...I think that last wonderful clip ought to be the theme song of the Unhappy Voter. :) Happy weekend to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stay away from big social media site comment sections. That's where the wild idjits roam. Holy hell...I see a commercial like that (or that JC Penny ad with two dads), and it makes me think we are progressing as a society. It only takes a nano-second for commenters to prove otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "where the wild idjits roam" - I am stealing that and redistributing it to the people.

    Regarding the ad, Parsnip is right. The world needs to shut up and grow up.

    Also, it's funny that when I tell people I come from a mix-raced family, they give me a strange look, like they're about to say,"Yeah, but that doesn't count!" but stop themselves. Apparently, mix-raced is only a valid term when one of those races is white. Black mixed with brown just isn't exciting enough, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cover song. I just watched that ad for the first time here. I just thought it was a funny/cute ad. Pouring cheerios over your dad's heart is kinda sweet. I so wish we all could just watch video like this and not even notice the skin color. The internet amplifies the crazies and haters the most, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "that other social media site" is the Devil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aufklärung, enlightenment is an ongoing process. Even if one generation - more or less - cut out the nonsense, the next one discovers it and it re-grows again.
    I stopped reading comments on youtube some time ago, it's just nonsense; I do not use f*c*book.
    Whoever feels the need to use this ad as a starting point for racist comments should remember that if he or she blabs about the "crime" of "interracial" wedding and child producing repeats exactly the nazi argumentation that lead directly to the Nuernberg laws. Given the poor state of historical knowledge in the West in general, chances are good that the bullshitters have no clue (and no interest in knowing) what this means. The varnish of civilisation is thin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is another social media site?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh honey. Hugs and hugs to you.

    Yeah, I don't get the venom, I really don't.

    The thing is, it seems to be everywhere.

    But have more hugs sweetheart.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The World Seems To Drifting Rightwards at the Moment.In UK its far-right racists group /facebook/etc.Dont despair Savvy.We are still the majority!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to answer you and Mr. Moose, I should write a post on this myself but ...
    Granddaughter is White/American and Japanese. There is a rather long cast system in place in Japan but I think times are blurring lines. We will see what happens when she starts school but lots of their friend are a little bit of everything and no problems so far.
    Anyways If you travel in Japan you will notice the manikins in the shops are usually very anglo looking.
    Granddaughter is always being asked to model because she the "look" they love, Japanese but not quite. Plus her hair color. The only reason family let her model now was it was for a friend's company and the photographer is a good friend.
    If I can be a bit shallow here, when I first saw the ad I adored the little girl, loved her expressions and the here it is... gushed over her hair. I know very shallow of me but as a person who has never had a lot of hair and now with all the drugs I take... I have very little hair so I look at everyone's hair first and sigh.

    I find I like people less and less and like animals more.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'd like to see the un-edited rant. i was pretty hot under the collar about the reaction to the cheerios commercial. are we REALLY still that BACKWARDS?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. reading your comments gives me such joy, dear friends! all y'all are why i continue to blog because i KNOW, thanks to all of you, that there are more good people in this world than "wild idjits" xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar