Thursday, May 9, 2013

how did i miss yesterday?

seriously!

i thought i had posted, but i guess it was only in my mind.

and just like anything and everything else in my mind...it's gone.

like the dodo and cash money.

d i s a p p e a r e d.

so today is 43/365 according to the guidelines.

~~~~~~~~~

i really can't get used to the fact that i am really, really, REALLY unemployed. i posted something to The Doc about work and he gently (as in, "hey, i thought you quit?") reminded me that i didn't have to impress the boss anymore.  i have to practice hearing "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"  when the MITM is talking out loud about work.

*sigh*

anyway, all of this will be changing soon.  we're retiring the partners desk and the MITM is leaving soon to deepestdarkestafrica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

did i mention that i'm re-doing the home office (that sounds so political, doesn't it?) with just a simple desk with a couple of drawers for current paperwork because a command center set-up is no longer needed. i'm OK with this, even though i did have my eyes on a very cool set-up. . . (no, i'm not going to post the link because then i'll really want it and i'll have to see it on the blog and all y'all will make comments about it and i'll want it even more...)

that just ain't in the cards.

but it was very nice.

i will take some pictures when it's all done. but it might take a while before it's all done. 

*double sigh*

such a first world issue, i know.  this is all about me coming to grips with unemployment. it'll be over soon and i'll quit whining about it. i promise you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

remember to tell the people you care about that you love them. whatever you're doing right now, take a moment and pick up the phone, write a note, send an email/text/SMS, but let them know they are cherished, loved and that you're thinking of them.

it makes a difference.

i know.

xoxoxoxox

13 comments:

  1. It's easy to misplace a day or two - I do it all the time. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over losing yesterday, though, as Wednesday's the longest day of the week. Which is probably why it always gets knotted and tangled up with the haddock-smelling Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean that Thursday smells haddocks, but that it smells of haddock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unemployment is a difficult mind-changer, from what I understand.

    Was unemployed for three months once. I don't think I'd ever been so nervous...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, I lose whole weeks and have to really think them through. Unemployed=free in my book. Enjoy. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll never be idle missus, you're a Ma & a Grandma!

    Love & thoughts to you. :¬)

    xoxoxox

    (ps., that was my deleted comment above, forgot to sing into the daughter's lappy!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy retirement, now you can do anything you feel like, and, I assume, won't have to take calls at four in the morning. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. No boss means no excuses necessary. :)

    Go at your own pace, we'll show up and offer whatever fits the bill. For the record, I'm pretty sure YOU are on that list of people to cherish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "i did have my eyes on a very cool set-up"

    One of these?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't look at me. I thought yesterday was Wednesday. Was supposed to meet someone for coffee and I was like 'yeah, that's tomorrow." Yeah.

    I'm hoping she's still talking to me...

    I'm sure we'll find something for you to do! :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your last para I endorse a million times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been unemployed but not by choice. It made for a rough morning. The girls are off to school while I sat at the dining room table starring into a glowing laptop screen scrounging for work. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Transitions are tough, but the office renovation is a perfectly good approach to working through it! Try to think of it as "funemployment"?

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar