those of you who know me know that i am not a leisurely shopper. i'm one of those "i know what i want, i know where it is, let me get it and let me get the hell out of here" shoppers. today, i did exactly that!
first stop was a friend's garage sale because she had a ton of things for the grandkids! 20usd and i scored, baby! there will be pictures later when the mini coconut krewe gets to play with all the new old stuff. next was a quick trip to the book store for some books and toys that were on sale! i even found a 12usd basket (also on sale, just at another store) to put all these treasures in. i was in and out of there in 20 minutes! a new record for me, sugarpies!
last stop was the adult beverage mart for a case and a half of some very delicious wine and spirits.
and there ya go, i am done.
the MITM returns home on monday and his birthday is 05 june, so he'll be home for a celebration!
Score! I have so much awe for your shopping skill. Like you, I know what I want, but unlike you, I can almost never find it! I find shopping a chore and will put it off and put it off until I cannot put it off any longer!
ReplyDeletemy down side is grocery shopping! i leave it until the cupboards are damn near bare! then it's a major chore, but i do use a list, that helps a lot. xxoxoxo
Delete"let me get it and let me get the hell out of here"
ReplyDeleteWith you on that one! Well, maybe except at the Ren Faire shopping for period costume accessories.
we're all kin, i think, sugar! ok, except for the ren faire part. ;) xoxoxo
DeleteI too am not a "shopper" it is usually in an out. Unless friends ae visitng then it is plant and bookstore time.
ReplyDeleteJune is a great month for a birthday.
cheers, parsnip
it's like i told LX! i think we're all related, sister! ;) xoxoxo
DeleteI don't like to shop, either, and if at all possible, I get someone to do it for me. I also don't like to go to the beauty shop, and willl let my hair grow until I just can't stand it any more. If I could cut it myself, I would, but I have a feeling it would look like I took a chain saw to it.
ReplyDeleteLOL re the beauty shop! i feel the same way. i keep telling myself that naturally curly hair is still an acceptable style for an old lady! ;) xoxoxoxo
DeleteI hear you Sister!
ReplyDeleteThe last thing I want to do is stand in a queue waiting to be served or more often not. Even if i know what i want... asking where the item might be kept in store gets the response of a blank stare, a scratch of the head and a vague point in direction... with the line... Over there i think?...
yep! poor service has become a worldwide PITA! xoxoxox
DeleteIf I don't find what I want within minutes, I lose interest and do without. But if a shop has all I want, sky's the limit!
ReplyDeletei know what you mean, sugar! when that happens, i.am.mad.bad.and.dangerous.to.know. xoxoxox
Delete