Monday, June 17, 2013

vacation time on the plantation begins TODAY

The Kid aka big sister to BBC arrives tonight and will be here with us for 2 WEEKS!!! she'll be with us for a week alone and then captain chaos, Stretch and BBC arrive next monday and will be here until july1!  we have some things planned for The Kid. she wants to be a professional chef when she grows up, so we've set up a surprise meeting with a local chef who just happens to be a woman! 

we've known The Kid was coming for a few weeks, but it seems that everything tht really didn't need to happen has happened this week (don't get me started about the taxes) and now the front yard is completely torn up because we've had to remove a few potentially dangerous trees.

i had started this post earlier, but here it is after 14:00 and i am so not prepared!!! thank goodness her room is ready!

xoxoxox

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bright spot among the boringly normal tasks of life...enjoy her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous trees - oh my. Did they appear to be falling for you? Probably tall stalkers with lots of bark I bet.
    I'm not sure why we worry about things being in order for visits of relatives. It's free bed and they should just happy to see you. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the day I have grandkids coming to stay! I had to pick up three of my BIL's kids from school & creche today, and do homework and get dinner (and a fancy dessert) for them. Best day I've had in a while. The parents picked them up late evening and gave me a gift of a large bottle of Baily's. So kind. Pity it's the one drink I just abhor. Oh well. :¬)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let the FUN begin !
    I too have been dealing with 2nd quarter taxes plus my last year taxes are never done till August ... then I have to always fight with my California taxes... oh well it never ends.
    And I also have two trees that need to be cut down and in sunny and very hot Tucson it is not and easy decision.
    Have a great time with the whole crew love the idea of the local chef meeting.
    Let there be fun and cake.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you guys are going to have fun!!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar