Monday, September 28, 2009
monday
it's monday. this has been one of those weekends that make me want to stay in my bed with the covers over my head. it started with the nostradamus effect documentary on the discovery channel the MITM was watching. yeah, the whole nine yards of myth, mayhem and mayans. add to that iranian nuke testing, bird eating frogs, 163 new species found in the mekong delta just last year, water levels rising, mysterious flesh eating diseases, pandemics, falling asleep with the tv on (dexter) and an incredible crop of bad movies...well, i have been overwhelmed by it all! so why the video? because in spite of all the real threats in the world and all of the perceived chaos that we seem to feel is real, human beings continue to find joy in the simple things. thank goodness, it's monday! i have days ahead that can only get better!
how was YOUR weekend?
UPDATE: FOR super nana
UPDATE: the women's bean project is one of my most favorite shopping sites. check it out when y'all get a minute. it's a good thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shite!
ReplyDelete(was it ever anyother way;-)
May I bring you a Piña Colada?
ReplyDeleteWent to a high school football game Friday night. That was it.
Spent 8 hours flying home to blighty then 4 hours in the car to get home. Got back Saturday lunchtime. Spent the weekend attempting to recover from my jetlag. I may just be coming round now.
ReplyDeleteCleaned my garage....enough said.
ReplyDeleteI have just posted on my usual stress fest , still yours sounds worse :-)
ReplyDeleteand thats made me feel good
cheers :-)))
Did our first gig with the new act on Sat. I had a dose of the nerves beforehand, but as soon as I started singing everything fell into place.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed the heck outa it!
Hope you're cheery!
xoxox
Well we didn't suffer from an Earthquake, nor were we hit by a hurricane, tornado or tsumanmi. No meteors dropped in in from outer space and Scotland was not dropped into a sudden ice age. No zombie inducing plague affected the town, nor did any flesh-eating bugs attack us from a pot of past the sell by date yoghurt. We weren't burgled, mugged, runover, spat at or otherwise abused by anyone, not even the youth of today. We weren't booted out of our house, we didn't have any posessions reposessed, and no one kicked the door in demanding money with menaces. This weekend no one close died.
ReplyDeleteSo, all in all, I think I have to say it could have been worse...
My weekend was mostly fine. Even this Monday, I spent it mostly idling. In fortyfive minutes I'll have to go to work, o Gott wie ich es hasse ... See you tomorrow morning.
ReplyDelete"Right On!", Savannah, to the simple things in life.
ReplyDeleteHi Savannah,
ReplyDeleteWent to a football game (Saturday) and injured my back. so my weekend quickly went into the crapper.
I'm feeling medicated today and watching that Aggie hit that shot certainly helped me see the joy of simple things.
Thanks love,
U
Love Actually? I confess, I've got no qualms with it. You know a rainy Sunday afternoon, maybe watch the first ten minutes if it's on TV whcih would invariable lead to watching it all.
ReplyDeletelonga and made longer by idiots and family.....sake
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was OK—coming home after two weeks away. Thanks for asking.
ReplyDeleteDo you love Dexter? I sort of do.
I surfed. A lot. I missed football Sunday because I worked. All in all, not bad. As for the videos, the basketball shot appealed to the boy in me while the "Love Actually" video annoyed the man in me. Hey! We're all winners!
ReplyDeleteMorning ... and 'night ... zzzz
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was a welcomed relief. Now I'm ready for the next one!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a nice week!
I watched a lot of football. And then felt lonely, on the couch alone, watching TV. But it was the weekend.
ReplyDeletePS: My word verification is one 'a' away from "siesta." That's gotta mean something!
Did someone mention flesh-eating frogs in the Mekong Delta? As I always say to Cookie - Never. Get. Out. Of. The. Boat!
ReplyDeleteI cannot stand watching the News and/or any of these other kinds of things about stuff I have no control over, nor can I fix them....Too Too Depressing! Life is hard enough just day to day without putting more impossible challabges in my head...lol! So I really understand "the covers over the head" feeling...Big Time!
ReplyDeleteONE DAY AT A TIME....Sometimes, one hour at a time--Or even one minute at a time...LOL!
I think it's Tuesday where you are now.
ReplyDeletewv: filatio
No, I'm not kidding
and it's hump day now - you made it!!
ReplyDeleteAaargh - can't see the videos. But I did enjoy your drink selection
ReplyDelete