Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MITM - Hiding in Plain Sight on the Plantation

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." - Satchel Paige

I'm just sitting today. The mistress of the manor has a short fuse. Everything is working on her last damn nerve - including me. Now experience has taught me that when one finds himself confronted with the worn nerves of Mistress SavMarshMama, the best thing one can do is melt into the background. I do that by hiding in plain sight and just sitting - no opinions noted, no exclamations or exhalations, no sudden movements.

Any further agitation of the nerves and she will become Evillene and the Plantation, dontcha know, will become her Work Shop. And me, I'm trying very hard to do as little heavy lifting as possible and carry as little water as possible. Shhhhh, I'm a rock......... She's screaming - "Where are my Fucking Flying Monkeys?"




So in an effort to chill her out, to take the Evil out of Evillene, I'm finding soothing music to play. I'm thinking about giving her a Rum&Coke and two Vicodans, but I think this rendition of Stardust by the Velvet Fog Mel Torme may help...



If this doesn't work - I'm taking the Yellow Brick Road the fuck up outta here and looking over my shoulder for Flying Monkeys!

SavMarshMama will be out of her blue funk and back here soon.......I hope! In the meantime I'll keep combat breathing and hiding in plain sight.

12 comments:

  1. Must be going around. I'm doing my best to stay clear of my woman's current funk. Booze and pills sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahahahahahaha... flying monkeys
    perfect !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. ' I do that by hiding in plain sight and just sitting - no opinions noted, no exclamations or exhalations, no sudden movements.'

    You should do a master class in this and I know who I would send as a pupil!!!!
    No names - no pack drill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pffft Sav Marsh Mama doesn't go laldy! I don't believe it... and I know whose side I'm on in this argument if push comes to shove... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if it's this wacky, non-seasonal weather but I'm feeling a bit like riding a broom myself today. :)

    That said, remember the cry of Scarlett O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day!"

    (I'm thinking of that as a positive position, not more of the same).

    Sav...should you stumble upon this invisible post, please claim this "southern sister hug". x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Herself that bubba sends his love. :¬) xoxoxoxox

    (And peace to you Sir!) (",)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, when I'm in that kind of "happy place" I find a good stiff martini can help.

    That, or DINNER OUT? :-)

    fly low MITM, fly low.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you be careful - you could be the source of road rage on the yellow brick road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, evilene and i have something goin' on... 'don't nobody bring me no bad news' was a theme song for a few of my breeding years. suspect it could make a resurgence when my estrogen goes on permanent holiday....

    but for now? you are a wise man in the moon. like velociraptors, we respond to movement. best to just sit. play mel gently on the computer. and don't. move. a. muscle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shades of "The Palais" Mr Moon...
    If only I had a workroom like that!
    Just let Savvy know that the Flying Monkey suits are still on the drawing board... But I almost have a Witches outfit that might suit?

    Till then continue to lay low and DO NOT MOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! "Stardust" was my mother's favorite song. Thank you and Thank you Mel.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar