was it something i said?
something i did?
i can't believe you've left me without saying a thing.
a note.
a text.
voicemail?
i know i've been less than for a while,
but,
really?
you just walked away...
i promise i'll blog more, just comeback follower #114.
so, that happened and it really did surprise me, but whisky tango foxtrot can i do?
~~~~~~~~~~
today is st. patrick's day, but here in my little town it's just the day after the parade. (seriously, this may be the day, but around here, you can't be interrupting church services for a parade, sugar! so, st. patrick's is celebrated on saturday. go figure.) the MITM and i spent the day with our BFF's, Big Shelly and Miss K, starting with our shared local tradition, green bagels, cream cheese, lox, onions, tomato and capers! this is served with coffee and bailey's irish cream. the early morning drink(s) of choice this year was a bloody mary! i don't think we even bothered watching the parade (on tv, of course) this year. it was all about eating, drinking, and music. given were we live on the intra-coastal waterways of georgia, we did what sensible people of our generation do: we took a golf cart ride around the neighborhood! sunny weather and a good breeze that kept the gnats away, made sitting on the dock watching dolphins swim by a perfect way to kill some time before lunch and more beverages! grilled bangers and mash served with a petite syrah was the perfect mid-day meal after our day in the sun.
dinner was at our house.
corned beef, red potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. guinness and jamesons were involved...in the pot, in a bottle and also, in a flask. you decide which went where and when.
there are pictures somewhere just not here.....yet.
Sounds like a very well spent day, Savannah! And finally I find that someone brings these strange golf carts to some good use!
ReplyDeleteit was fantastic, dear friend! come visit the plantation and we'll take you on a guided tour! xoxoxox
DeleteWishing I could go outside but lo, the pollen is winning so I am indoors, staring out. :)
ReplyDeleteGlad y'all had fun!
i did the massive meds regime because i knew we were gonna be outside on and off all day! today i have been inside! xoxoxoxox
DeleteAnd your #114 must've taken off with my #97 this week. ;)
ReplyDeletewe'll just wish them well, sugar! ;) xoxoxox
DeleteWow, even bangers! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI did not even expect a St. Patrick's Day parade in Vienna and happened upon it by sheer luck, meeting an Irish gentleman in full regalia early in the morning. Yes, it was Saturday, the day before the saint's day. Could it be due to the fact that this leaves the evening as an option to continue celebrating into Sunday? ;-)
Happy St. Patrick's day,
Merisi
P.S.: I signed up on your followers list, to make up for the missing #114.
it was all delish! don't you just love when something and serendipity surrounds you? xoxoxoxox
DeleteHappy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you've had good times.
Just what we like to hear.
Love you loads!
xxxx
you are too sweet, darlin! ;) much love from me (of course) and the same from the MITM! xoxoxox
DeleteEeks, it was probably me. I'm transitioning from Google Reader (because it's going away soon) to Feedly and as a part of that process I unfollowed everyone I read on Google. So yeah...I must be your 114. Sorry about that. I'm still here. I'm still reading. Just not using that service anymore.
ReplyDeleteyou're aces with me, sugar! xoxoxox
Deletewhiskey tango foxtrot can I do - that's one to remember. Reminds me of my Air Force days. I heard Savannah has a good number of Irish or at least claim to be on St. Paddy's Day. Watching dolphins and the food and drink - I should pay a visit.
ReplyDelete*smiling* savannah has the 2nd largest parade here in the states, nyc being the largest. when we lived in the historic district, we were right on the parade route, so our house was the party house on st. patrick's day! this city is perfect for parades and parties, so let us know if y'all are comin' down! xoxox
DeleteSounds like a most perfect day !
ReplyDeletecheers, parsnip
there were pictures, but again, this was one of those days i'll keep forever in my heart! thanks, sweet pea! xoxoxox
DeleteOh! How could I forget St Patrick's Day?
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo we didn't even see the parade, sugar, so pick a day and wear green and have your very own un-st. patrick's day celelbrattion! it'll be a variation on the mad tea party's very merry un-birthday party in alice in wonderland!
DeleteI'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one who obsesses over stats.
ReplyDeleteit was a follower, sugar! *sigh* somebody stopped LIKING me! ;) xoxoxooxo
DeleteI, too, lost a follower the other day. :-) *shakes fist at unresponsive universe*
ReplyDeleteI, being almost a quarter -- a quarter! -- Irish did nothing for St. Patrick's. Like my grandmother, I shall not get drunk when expected but will randomly show up wasted and dance like a maniac.
:-)
That's how I roll.
Pearl
I hear you! I always wonder what I did to "lose" a follower.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a delicious St. Patrick's Day celebration. YUM.
xo jj
Just surfacing now....what a day...no sign of Jimmy...back..to..normal....soon.. :¬)
ReplyDeletexoxoxox