Everyone around here is handling this day very differently.
The MITM has been baking bread.
I've been watching documentaries and now a murder mystery. I only looked at the news for about 10 minutes this morning and figured it was better for my own mental (and physical) health to just let today happen. Tomorrow is another day.
Cap't Chaos is working at *REDACTED* on the show, *REDACTED* while Stretch is teaching online. The Kid is working at the local polling location and BBC has the day off from school!
The MITM and BBC just got back from taking a walk and, yes, before you ask, they were wearing masks and practicing social distancing from anyone they came across. I'm taking the safer route and staying inside and continuing my Netflix addiction watching!
Seriously, no matter what has happened in the past here in America, these are strange and unsettling times. We can only hope that enough people have said NO to fascism and tomorrow many more will say the same thing.
We shall see.
Update to OP: To be clear, we have ALL voted already.
We are globally fidgeting about. Crossing everything I can in the hope that there is a new President by the end of the week.
ReplyDeleteSx
I haven't watched news since last week. It's easy once you get past two days, but I will watch some tonight. I sure hope I'm not up all night. But my anxiety is up...especially after reading headlines with the such of trumpers already getting erratic and disruptive. I don't plan to leave the house for a couple days. Now matter you wins, it's going to be like the wild west sugar plums.
ReplyDeleteY'all Hang in there
"Trump to the left of me, Putin to the right - here I am, stuck in the middle with you"... Jx
ReplyDeleteWatching events from across the Pond (peeking between my fingers). Glad to hear you're staying safe; let's just hope there's a world worth living in after the votes have been counted. xox
ReplyDeleteI'm avoiding the news. I do believe we have a record voter turn out. On PBS Newshour last night they interviewed people who decided not to vote. It just seems so strange that any eligible voter would not vote in this election. A blue wave will be great to see but at the very least let us have a peaceful non-violent result.
ReplyDeleteI think too many are deluded into thinking Fascism to be preferable to Democracy, I'm Hopeful they don't get to find out it's so NOT! But, if they manage to Elect this Fascist Lunatic again, they'll get everything they wanted and deserve the consequences of. Sadly, the rest of us will suffer right along with them even tho' we knew this would be disastrous and tried to Vote it out of the WH before it could do more damage and cause more chaos, division and confusion! He has successfully Raped America... being the Rapist he is that has never served Time for those Crimes, I'm not certain he won't get away with it? Besides, he's 74, how much Time could they give him that would be considered Justice for all the Crimes he's gotten away with for so long?
ReplyDelete