Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Here we are on the cusp of continued democracy or right wing anarchy

 This should be a week of smooth transition and cooperation between an outgoing administration and an incoming one. Unfortunately, it seems that the current administration has decided that putting America in a difficult position in terms of national security is less important than throwing a tantrum over losing. The fact that we have an AG (Attorney General) who has decided that he works for the current president and NOT the American people is beyond distressing, it is an abrogation of his sworn oath to the Constitution. We have members of Congress who have decided that they will still hitch their wagon, so to speak, to the current president, and forget their sworn oath to the Constitution! It seems that the concept of "party over country" has become the major platform of the Republican party. This is a defining moment in our history because if this sort of mendacity were happening in a foreign country, we would be the first to talk about intervention in support of democracy.

The anxiety I've felt during the past four years was momentarily relieved when the election was called for the BidenHarris ticket, has returned. I, like many others, have experienced the smooth transition even when there was a dispute over "hanging chads" that allowed the presumed winner of the election to receive the necessary Presidential Daily Briefings that are so integral to the safety and security of our country. The pettiness of the current president while not surprising can not be tolerated any longer. I don't have an answer or a solution. It seems that the Founding Fathers did not consider the possibility that we would ever have a wannabe mobster, a grifter, a conman, a person totally unsuited to government and its function, to have put in safeguards against that prospect.

So, here we are. A nation of people half of whom need some mental health care to get through this insanity and the other half seem to be happy with the inmates running the asylum.


I'm in that half calling my local mental health agency.

10 comments:

  1. He and his whole freaky family and hangers-on will be gone before too long, never fear. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sighing* I know that's true, but it's this in between time that's ragging on me, sweetpea. xoxo

      Delete
  2. This should speak volumes about him and the Republican party to the country. Of course their base, with exception to a few of them, don't care. And the other half, the dems, know it's wrong. The 2016 election was rigged, but Hillary and the dems moved on and didn't even act half this badly. Their just a bunch of power hungry, privilege bastards, who know they fucked up, and don't want to hear their ways and time is over.

    I guess he will go down with Herbert and Hoover as presidents who didn't concede.

    Fat fuck. Don't worry sweet pea...my animal kingdom is ready for invasion if need be.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It shoudl, but sadly, it doesn't seem to have sunk in what a fucking dipshit he really is! I think what bothers me the most is that his supporters and far too many Republicans seem to think that Trumpito will run again in 2024 and that until then, he will be some sort of leader within the party! I guess they've forgotten the AG in N ew York has a case that's ready to be filed against him after the Biden inauguration! I know I haven't forgotten, darlin
      ! xoxo

      Delete
    2. And if the dems don't jail him....who know the Republicans won't...but hopefully he be in jail.

      Otherwise he'd be 80 if he ran again.

      Delete
  3. Not surprising but as Biden said today, an embarrassment. If it goes on too long it does become more than an embarrassment. It could effect national responses to threats and lead to violence in the streets. I wish he would just go pout and sulk at his golf course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a foreign observer, US started getting embarrassing again* in 2000, went decent in 2008, then went embarrassing in 2002 when the senate blocked everything decent again for 4 years, then when All Trumps Embrassing in 2006.
      (* Ronnie Raygun restored the old Nixon cringe in whenever that was.)

      Delete
  4. I hope the Dems are ramping up their legal teams (they can afford lawyers, right?) to chase these gobsmacking petulancy peddlers over the fence. Dems, release the hounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that those who are happy with the inmates running the asylum are the ones that need the mental health care.
    Slightly off topic - that Four Seasons fiasco was one of the funniest things I've seen on the news in a long time.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already know I'm in complete Agreement with you. I do think that his Treasonous behavior should be swiftly dealt with and long before January 21st. He should be prematurely moved out of the way now that he poses such an obvious National Security Threat... he should have been kicked to the curb after his Impeachment, then we could have moved on way earlier.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar