Tuesday, June 12, 2012
we miss frank zappa
who knew, right?
OK, the coconut krewe grew up with this stuff, so they aren't surprised, but it might be new to some of you. or at least, what all y'all know about us.
that's right, the MITM and i have been stuck inside because it's been raining like the end is near and we're gonna float away out into the atlantic via the intra-coastal waterways. anyway, it all started with the MITM looking for a jazz cover of sally's song and as is the way with all things youtube...4 hours later, a mini blog post was developed.
by the by, watch this space because the MITM is going to do a solo jazz cover of sally's song.
(yeah, that's right, i didn't post a link! now YOU have to fall into the vortex of all things youtube looking for sally's song)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zappa was an eclectic dude, all right.
ReplyDeleteMe? I dig that last one by The Specials. Me and ska go way back.
thanks for youtube treats.
ReplyDeleteI listened to Frank Z back when he had the Mothers of Invention but I didn't know he released anything in the 80's.
I just wasted a bit of my life on youtube and found this - hilarious:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y59k7AX9AKM
Can't imagine growing up sans Zappa
ReplyDeletecheers, Sausage...
If the water isn't too high here, I promise to snag y'all if you float by. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever knowingly listened to Frank Zappa before, but he seems interesting. Look forward to hearing the MITM's solo.
ReplyDelete"You can't do that on stage anymore" - somewhere in this are some of the most amazing solos of Mister Z.
ReplyDeleteThe links do not load here in the Franconian woods, so I have to look at them next weekend back in the civilization (where the net ours out of the wall). Will the MITM also do "Titties and Beer"? Just asking ...
the only thing Zappa did WRONG was name his child Moon Unit. :-)
ReplyDeleteWowie Zowie!
ReplyDeleteSt. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast is in a constant loop in my noggin. The playful Frank.
ReplyDeleteMe? I'm goin' to Montana soon. Gonna be a dental floss tycoon... and i SHALL enjoy myself!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the meander through the youtubes... will amuse myself in an airport for a bit!
Can't say the Zap man ever touched me. But mebbe that's my fault.
ReplyDelete(Working on IHTBY!) :¬)
xoxoxox
I'm not very familiar with the Zapper - *note to self* get better acquainted with the man xxxx
ReplyDeleteZappa was brilliant.
ReplyDeleteRead "Zappa: A Biography" by Barry Miles for a fascinating look at his life.
I can not fall into the vortex of youtube. I may never get out.
ReplyDeleteYou are what you is and that's all there is.
ReplyDeleteBy the by, this is yet another example of your awesome patenting. Nothing beats trumping the "eclectic" kid in college who just discovered Zappa. I pulled out a dozen records and tapes and casually mentioned I'd grown up listening to Zappa. Dude was so angry.
ReplyDeleteSally's song. I'll tie a knot in my handkerchief.xoxo
ReplyDelete