My Bday went as planned - good food, good wine, good vibes. And we will not eat a thing for at least a week!
Thanks to everyone for all the great birthday greetings.
Our main bday meal was an excellent stuffed turkey roll, sweet potato casserole and gravy. This was followed by a lip-smakcing kickass dessert - Blueberry Cobbler! Wines on hand for the day - Consentino Cab Franc (Napa), and Morgan Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands).
I'll sample the cigars when I fully recover from my hedonistic overload. The sheer nerve of an old codger like me eating, drinking and behaving like this! Wouldn't have it any other way.
You can plan my next B-day. Just skip the cigars and it would be one of the best.
ReplyDeleteHappy belated, lovely to hear you were properly indulged.
ReplyDeleteoooooh, that cobbler! just the picture had me drooling! if faced with it in person? i'd be reduced to a puddle of saliva... probably why i'm not invited to more b-day parties!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday—the meal looks and sounds terrific! As I always say, nothing beats a June baby.
ReplyDeleteWow! Yummeee!
ReplyDeleteAnd a wee dram? Tell me ye had a wee dram!
And Ceegars! I haven't had one since Moscow.
It's MY BD on Sunday, who knows? :¬)
I'll pass on the cigars but the food looks delightful.
ReplyDeleteAs someone said:
'How did we do the blue on Jubilee cup cakes before blueberries were readiy available?'
Many Happy Returns!
Old? Mmmmmaybe. But codger?! Please, sir! This is a respectable house.
ReplyDeleteI like your style. You know how to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteAnd birthdays are definitely worth celebrating!
Glad you had a good one.
xx
Yum!!
ReplyDeletePleased you had a happy day.
Sx
From 45 onwards the "Day After" takes two days ...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday My Friend! You are a first-class person and I wish there were more like you. I raise a fine glass of wine in your honor. You have made your mother proud. I salute you and wish you a lifetime of happiness.
ReplyDeleteNow THAT's a spread!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthdays to everyone!!
Pearl
Yum, yum, yum! Wishing you many more Happy Birthdays!!!
ReplyDelete