oh yes...
things to share as i've been killing time between gigs (don't tell the boss) because i have nothing appropriate to post about right now...and you KNOW you'll hear the inappropriate stuff eventually.
the euphemism generator
the verdant dude's you don't know jack contest! go vote...or look, it's up to you.
things muslims wear via big barney who was in the wedding of the captain and the girl. i think i posted his pic, but i might not have.
margaret and helen. if you don't read them, you should.
i don't have anything else, but i will probably be adding to this all day because i'm stuck at the table (yeah, i can't even begin to call it a desk) all day.
*FUBAR = fucked up beyond all recognition (WW2 expression)
i almost forgot some funny comics hat tip to mr.moose who's taking a bit of a blogging break right now.
for saturday in d.c.
the event is scheduled to begin at Noon, on the national mall in washing, d.c. or, if like me, you can't get to d.c. this weekend, you can watch it live on comedy central online.
last thing before i melt into the sofa:
can't keep a bad idea down from the nyt some commentary from thomas l. friedman. it's not long, but give it a read before you vote on nov. 2.

Hmmm I think I can imagine the scene.
ReplyDelete(tip: have a variety of wigs handy for those times when you need to do a hit - also keep plenty of Grey Goose handy).
xxx
Everybody gets busy. Don't worry about it.
ReplyDeleteHowsome-ever---we did happen to pull off a most awesome international event on Monday :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally get it about being self employed---we get to choose which 16 hours/day we want to work.
lulu...*fingertip to side of nose* we travel in the same circles, i think, toots! xoxox
ReplyDeleteheff...what me worry? *she said in a mumbling crazed half starved sleep deprived voice* xoxoxo
debra...i wrote my international kim ayres post the day you told me about it! i love it when blogger works correctly! xoxoxo
I SO wish I could be in DC this weekend.
ReplyDeleteYour list of tasks sounds monumental!
So grateful for 'Fubar' and 'halfpastdark'.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed the desl goes through.xoxox
You always serve up something wonderful but I have never laughed so hard at margaret and helen...now that's spunk! I know I'll be reading them again.
ReplyDeleteAh yes, that til death do us part stuff combined with being the "organized" one for the self employed spouse. Know that all to well, even if I do bookkeeping prior to blogging. Hang in there....we're allowed to take out hits?! ;0 Dang, is that why Hubby taught me how to shoot AND gave me a gun one year? ;)
I have friends who will be at the rally Saturday. They promise to post to Facebook all afternoon!
ReplyDeletescout...so do i! there's something about the whole idea that just makes me hopeful again! how about we watch online and message to each other? we can pretend we're there in person! xoxoxox
ReplyDeletepat...you know what i'm talking about, sugar! and thanks!! xoxox
hope...i'm glad i could make you laugh and give you something good to read! now, regarding hits, as you know, i've never been indicted, charged or convicted, so i can't really say who orders a hit or carries one out... ;~) xoxxoox
(and if anyone involved in law enforcement is reading this, i really do have an alibi, just tell what day/night is in question.)
(ok, i'm joking, but i really have never been indicted, charged or convicted of a crime.)
(why did i explain all of that? you guys know me, right? lord knows the PC police don't read my blog.)
i'm a bit overwhelmed myself at the moment - but will play with your links when i get some downtime over the weekend! When i'm not tracking sanity/fear, that is!
ReplyDeleteI read Margaret and Helen and enjoy it but do you know what? I don't think there really IS a Margaret or a Helen. I think is someone or a group of people who hide behind these fictions personas. But I do like it.
ReplyDeleteDo you read Gail Collins in the Times? I like her, too.
charlene...how cool! i'll be watching online, but you'll be getting on the ground commentary! xoxox
ReplyDeletedaisy...i hear ya, sister! they'll still be here waiting for you! xoxoxo
UB...i think you're probably right. according to the profile, margaret's grandson helps, but i think we've got a modern day silence dogood letters person(s). they are a hoot, no matter what! re gail collins, yep, i do! i meant to post the fury failure the other day. xoxoxo
This post is like a Trick-Or-Treat bag full of candy that I might not have ever otherwise tried!
ReplyDeleteHey my darling. You have such a wonderful turn of phrase, I'm going to commandeer 'halfpastdark'.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with keeping your man on track, it sounds very exciting.
Lots of love to you both.
PS. Don't forget, dark glasses and stockings seem to be the the thing for all sexy hitwomen to wear (at least according to Angelina).
i love
ReplyDeleteThe Euphemism Generator ! (e.g."
flensing the salty egg."!)