Sunday, August 8, 2010

a wedding day poem

I Am Not Yours
by Sara Teasdale

I am not yours, not lost in you,
Not lost, although I long to be
Lost as a candle lit at noon,
Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.

Oh plunge me deep in love—put out
My senses, leave me deaf and blind,
Swept by the tempest of your love,
A taper in a rushing wind.

with thanks to poets.org for my daily poetry fix! 

now, if you can, y'all need to drop by mago's place for a perfect sunday music fix!

i'm off to the wedding on the beach in carpinteria!

13 comments:

  1. Have a great time at the wedding! Post pictures on your return! Hope all well, xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time. And yes, photos would be nice.

    I hope they're as happy as Hubby and I are after all these years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a lovely wedding my darling.

    I love the poem. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice poem. Hope you enjoy the wedding. I look forward to seeing the pictures of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SoCal beach is a good place to start out! Congrats to the couple, and hope you have a rockin' good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem. I get the feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night......

    Have you heard from The Warden yet? :¬)

    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it all went swimmingly, XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mazel Tov to the happy couple!

    I hope you had a good time at the wedding! Great moments like that are often better when celebrated with friends and family. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My best wishes for the newly wed couple!

    Thank you for the mention. And now excuse me please, Mago van Winkle ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope a wonderful day was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the poem, Savannah, it's just so beautiful!

    I wish you a nice wedding day and all the best to the newlyweds!

    PS.- ((I think Mago is not exactly as fit as his Sunday music was now... :( ))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the poem and no doubt the wedding is/was beautiful too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar