i guess so.
here's a picture of kurt elling i took at birdland over 4 years ago (i can't believe it's been that long *sigh*) anyway, he's a favorite of mine and birdland was one of the best places to see him perform!
i'm sort of at lost for words right now and sort of liking the idea of sharing some of my favorite music with everyone.
words will return eventually.
stories will be shared again.
things that happen around me will be blog fodder soon.
but right now, listen to betty carter singing tight. she was more than incredible, she was ground zero for young musicians learning their craft. kurt paid tribute to her and her musicians when he sang tight.

Betty's best xxx
ReplyDeletewhen the words aren't coming out? music is a pretty fine answer! take care!
ReplyDeleteYou just need a little breathing room...now if only the sun would set and take the 90 degree temps with it! :)
ReplyDeleteYou're still alive then :)
ReplyDeleteExactly, Kim Ayres - SHE's alive! (Channeling Stadler and Waldorff)
ReplyDeletelulu...she was, indeed, the mistress of magical music! xoxoxo
ReplyDeletedaisy...thanks, babe! xoxoxo
hope...i know! i am so ready for a fall day! xoxoxox
kim & mago...you two always make me smile! xoxoxoxo
Hi Savannah
ReplyDeleteMusic is good for the soul.
The letters will form words when they are ready...
Good thinking! After all variety is the spice that gingers things up.oxoxox
ReplyDeleteI'll be flying over your neck of the woods tomorrow, on my way to Aruba.
ReplyDeleteBirdland is a fantastic venue. Nice an intimate. I think it's a little pricey, but sometimes you have to ignore the coast. The memory it produces is priceless.
ReplyDeleteHave you been raiding my CD bin again?
A great way to start my morning--a cup of joe and some fine jazz stylin's. I do like your musical picks.
ReplyDeleteToo bad more people don't know enough to say nuthin when they got nuthin to say! I'm just sayin...
I look forward to the return of your words so I can get to know you some.
Words are like raindrops. Occasionally we all need to escape their sting on our skin and seek shelter inside.
ReplyDeletePaaaardon my iggurance and bad memory, but was Birdland the place you recommended when I first went to Chicago?
ReplyDeleteGoing again this year too! Why are all these meetings in winter???
Oops Manhattan - I just clicked the link!
ReplyDeleteADORE Betty Carter!!!
ReplyDeleteHUGS from the windy city...
ahh!! Music is the food of moods. . .
ReplyDeleteEnjoy whats left of Summer I say. We've hit a rainy patch here in the Uk typical BBQ, feastival, carnival and bank holiday weather of wellies on. . .sandles back under the stairs. . Lol :)) lv to you and other half.
I like learning about other people's musical tastes--it's how we learn about other wonderful music out there, and sharing that music is like sharing joy--it's always welcomed! Take care!
ReplyDeleteOh dear...
ReplyDeleteI have to confess I've no idea whgo Kurt Elling is.
My bad!
My love to you missus!
ReplyDelete(We have such DIFFFERENT music tastes, and yet are such good friends!)
:¬)
xoxoxoxox
Kurt Elling is truly in a class by himself. A rare talent who only gets better and better.
ReplyDelete