Friday, August 20, 2010

Abbey Lincoln August 6, 1930 – August 14, 2010



May She Rest In Peace with a choir of celestial angels singing backup for all eternity.

13 comments:

  1. . . .the sugar being lol. (Yr blogg is not loading).

    Just come off a blogg though. 'Fear of the Future' was the title. Amazed by peoples comments. Fear of old age Da!!. Droopy boobs. .Da!! Wrinkles. . Etc. Mainly superficial fears. Sad. . is this the way the world has turned or we think. . .lmfo.

    My comment had to be. . Old age is part and parcel of life.

    Never had the perkiest of boobs to begin with.

    Wrinkles. . .what are they? not in the places others see the most.

    I take a day at a time, as im unprodictable let alone life.

    Know Im adored and cared by many. . Been truely loved by two inparticular boyfriends.Who knew me more than I knew myself. Especially on forgettin' something theyd know what or where.

    The 'special one' that holds the key to my heart is my future of no fear and im to him. Which he does know it. . .tc. . .sugar mwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A twin sister. May she rest in peace. Her voice will remain with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mann Savannah, directly in the heart ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely tribute to Abbey Lincoln. We will always have her lovely voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. god bless her. I heard an interview with her on NPR the other night. Loved her thoughts on marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab time I've just had, I love love love all these
    xxx thank you darlin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it -- and why have I never heard her before???? Where have I been?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. chazza...we keep on learning, sugar. be well xoxoxox

    pat...did i miss your birthday, sugar? but what a lovely twin to have, eh? may her voice always be with us! xoxoxo

    mago...been that sort of week, sugar. xoxoxox

    techno babe...a little late, but true. a voice of experience. xoxoxox

    jason...i'll have to look for tht interview! she was certainly a pistol, sugar! xoxoxox

    lulu...glad the music made you smile, sugarpie! xoxoxox

    kim...amen, brother! xoxoxox

    pearl....but you've found her voice now! she was one of the best! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, I had no idea. That was amazing to watch. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sad to hear of her passing. So very talented and never really got the attention she deserved. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Pearl said. I had no idea either, but I'm glad I know now.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar