Was I surprised? Yes and no. I know there are many, many good, reasonable, thoughtful, (yes, I'm looking at you sister Hope and her Hubby), but Sweet Mary Sunshine! I would have felt a hellva lot better if the results had been different. OK, no, there's no way the GOP in it's current configuration can make me feel warm and fuzzy.
Anyway....
FAST FORWARD TO TODAY
The MITM has spent the day listening to music, watching movies, and generally reminding himself that our culture, our American culture is far more than the rantings of the clown car currently filling our television screens, press, and social media feeds. The Plantation has been rockin' out to the sounds of rock and roll, latin jazz, cool jazz, smooth jazz, salsa, blues...you're getting into the groove, I hope!
We've spent the day with Marvin Gaye, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Al Green, Mel Torme, Etta James, Celia Cruz, Fred Astaire singing the Gershwin songbook, the ENTIRE American songbook, so to speak. And then, there were the movies...and the comedians...and then, back to the movies. All of this to remind himself (and me because I needed it, too) that in this country there are more people who value each other BECAUSE of our differences than live in fear and hatred of the other.
I'd post some youtubes, but I leave all y'all to imagine your favorite tunes and movies. Right now, he's watching the third installment of the Bourne trilogy and having dinner! We opened our last bottle of Reynolds Family Winery, Stags Leap District, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 to celebrate all the good things that we know to be true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a good ending for this post! Super nana just sent this to us.
UPDATE: there's more! the Cap't, BBC and if you look closely, BGM!
There is NO WAY in HELL that that man is going to be the GOP nominee. Right? I mean, it's kind of unthinkable. It's not going to happen. It can't! But the Trump/Clinton debates would definitely be a ratings bonanza.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on hoping for best of the electorate, having faith in them when they've failed over & over again to make the wise, best choice. But still, we have faith, because every now & then, the voters get it right & it makes me so proud to an American.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping again for the people to make the smart, best choice in choosing the next leader who is good for the whole country & best represents us to the world.
It is hard to imagine what kind of music the next president likes ? Wagner perhaps ? Wigallaweia ...
ReplyDeleteI missed this one somehow. Maybe I was in hiding, as the Balding Buffoon had invaded my hometown and I ran in the opposite direction. I too hope South Carolinians weren't serious. Then again, I wonder how many of them are like me...staying away from the circus until we have 2 final clowns to choose from. I STILL don't like the choices...although Bernie sounds sanest at this point.
ReplyDeleteHang in there...laughter is the best medicine and the little ones are the best example of the GOOD we have in the world.