Given the politically charged atmosphere here in the USA, both locally and nationally, it's a good time for me to find solace in literature again. Or, if nothing else, turn off the tv and stop getting notifications on my phone from a gazillion news outlets! The MITM can follow international news as it relates to his business, but I think I need a breather.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news (for lack of a better word), BBC aka Baby Boy Chaos, is now 4! Time flies (a truer cliche was never written) and I wish we could have been out there for the party, but we'll fly out when we can. Great that we could Facetime and see everyone.
The MITM is talking about moving to Pasadena because it would be closer to the Krewe and their response has been, "NOOOOOOO! Stay on the Plantation because we LOVE it there! And because: seafood!!!" I say we stay here because FRESH SEAFOOD not 10 minutes away from my front door! Besides, I am not packing/moving house again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now, I have headphones on and I'm listening to instrumental acoustic tracks on spotify because the MITM is on a conference call and the only way to block it out is headphones and music. I've tried other rooms in the house, but as the song said, voices carry. Besides, there's nothing more frustrating than being in the peanut gallery and not being able to chime in! (I'm very opinionated! Who knew, right?)
(I just realized, I've gone from not writing anything to absolutely going into TMI country!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I'll quit while I'm ahead, so here's BGM aka Baby Girl Matrix and The Kid (she's 14 now!!) and BBC!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, sweetpeas! xoxo

Harper Lee changed my life for the better. R.I.P.
ReplyDeleteI wonder how the Krewe feels about having you out there permanently? Having family around can be a huge, huge help. I don't know what we would've done without my in-laws.
*hugs* I will always think of her as YOUR friend!
DeleteThey're all out there and support each other, so I really think our staying here gives them a great destination vacation! xoxoxo
I don't watch the news, or read newspapers. Unfortunately my FB feed forces all my friends' opinions of the news upon me. I wish FB would allow us to put in filters so that we could type in a particular word, and any post with that word in it would not show up in our feeds...
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, we have to look into ways I can get to the Plantation as I love fresh seafood too :)
I hope news from here isn't TOO incredibly horrible, sugar! It's almost too embarrassing to share sometimes. *sigh* You know if I could, I'd spring for a ticket just to have you do a family portrait for us! ;) xoxo
DeleteA birthday pirate? Yarrrr! Shiver me timbers!
ReplyDeleteYou have an adorable family. Happy weekend to you, too!
Thank you, sweetpea! We just had a chance to see the Capt. & BBC have a pirate ship fight (gotta love Legos) AND a light saber duel! xoxox
Deleteawwwww so very charming The Krewe is ! and so much bigger that I remember. Growing up too fast.
ReplyDeleteAs for moving to Pasadena, don't do it. As much as I love this city and would love to life in an Eichler home..... don't do it. Property is so expensive, as in food, gas, water, taxes and your time. Two hours to drive what should take only 15 minutes.
I lived in Laguna Beach right by the ocean and although I loved it it was way to expensive after the divorce. Now it is just to expensive to be a new person in California.
Keep the Plantation.
cheers, parsnip
I know, right? We see them via Facetime, but it isn't the same. We were all in NOLA in December, but again, not the same as being in the same city 24/7! Re: Pasadena, I know you're right. We'll stay here and just visit, perhaps, just a bit more often this year! xoxoxo
DeleteI would love to live in the same country as my Granddaughter and the people she lives with.... hahahhhahahaha.
DeleteOr also would love to live in Pasadena, le sigh, I lived in Laguna Beach but that is all in the past. We all do the best we can.
I even thought of moving to Japan someday I get so tired of living in America. But I can not, bummer.
Hey did you know I am thinking of running for President ?
I am running on the best platform.
Only one month of yelling and screaming at us, then we vote. One vote counts none of this caucus garbage.
cheers, parsnip
Ah, a Pirate in the family, may he grow to be a Pittsburgh fan!
ReplyDeleteLOL He's already a Saints and Vikings fan! xoxox
DeleteI hate the news.
ReplyDeleteWhy do children have to grow up? Two of mine are leaving home this summer, one to London, and one to Dublin. The house will be too quiet, and too tidy. Girls are so feckin messy about the house.
Fresh seafood... Don't get me dribbling out the side of me mouth!
Headphones and music... the only way to get lost sometimes.
The beard is almost back to full strength... Grow a beard Mr.MITM!
😀
XOXOXOX
I'm with you re: the news! It's soooooo depressing right now! I know the feeling about children growing up and leaving home. We've had an empty nest for years now. BUT, I promise you, it gets better, sweetpea! xoxoxo (pictures please and I will tell him what you've said!)
DeleteThank you for a ray (or 3) of sunshine! Who knew a Pirate could steal your heart? :)
ReplyDeleteLike you I've been avoiding the news...as I should have since the Hot Air Buffoon with bad hair won the Primary here. My only consolation is I had nothing to do with it...or the Republicans. Sigh.
Standing ovation to Kim! Invent that filter soon, will ya? I had to explain to someone the other day that sometimes you just have to read and "scroll away" because some folks just want to make statements/start arguments rather than have a conversation. Which is why I will never leave THIS neighborhood.
Sorry, comment to rant on soapbox. Sending hugs to the Plantation and beyond. :)
Sister Hope! We have to stick together here in the Lowcountry!! xoxoxo
Delete