Monday, June 30, 2014

i'm ok

june 30th and week 3 of my 8 week recovery period.

the coconut krewe has gone home and i'm a day away from my first week on my own.  so far, so good (i know, how trite, but this time, it's really true.) captain chaos left a fridge full of food, so that made things much easier. the rule around here while i'm on my own: one thing only per day and remember average speed.

thank you all for your kind words on my last post.  y'all made me smile!

the plantation became "Camp TCM" aka Camp Taking Care of Mommy. Yes, camp counselors now have shirts.



there aren't any pics from the first week, except for one of me in pre-op that i said, if it ever saw the light of day someone would be very, very  sorry. let's just say, i was not at my best! i spent the first week home under the care of The Doc and The Dancing Lady! i'm hoping it was easy for them because all i really remember is good meals and a lot of sleeping (by me, of course).

week 2 brought captain chaos and super nana!  this week i remember a bit more, good food and my favorite See's truffles! everyone brought a bag of Camellia Red Beans which for those of you not familiar with NOLA cooking are the staple of life in Louisiana and my house! captain chaos made a pot almost immediately!

and then he made this:


SEAFOOD GUMBO!!!

yes, beyond delicious. it was fresh, it used local fish and shrimp AND did i mention it was DELICIOUS?! i'm smiling again just remembering how lovely it was. he really does know how to cook really, really well!

world cup madness hit Camp TCM with a vengeance. you might recall that The Doc and The Dancing Lady lived in spain for a few years and super nana was a resident of paris for many years, so teams are followed and games were watched! of course we watched the usa's matches! talk about exciting! i also had my first glasses of white wine in ages during the france match! (don't ask, there are lots of rituals involved for super nana)

super nana watching futbol

i love (american) football, but watching the world cup was hot damn exciting! i may have to spend a little more time during the next 4 years in preparation for the next world cup!

so there it is, that's what's been happening here for the past few weeks. i'm sort of back, but not really, so posts may be a little slower that whatever normal is on this blog!  the MITM returns soon, so i'm not on my own for too much longer.

i love all y'all! and thanks again for stopping by!





26 comments:

  1. So Happy to see you pop up on my blog reader !
    What a super fun time was had and I am dieing over the gumbo !
    So wonderful to hear all is going fine with recovery.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was soooooo good! :) thanks for stopping by, sugar! xoxox

      Delete
  2. The T-shirts are brilliant! I'm glad your recovery is going well, and to see you (or your feet!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm glad you like them! it was fun, i just wish i'd thought of them before the krewe got here! sosos (those are supper nana's toes! i added a caption after you mentioned it!)

      Delete
  3. Clearly, you need to post that pre-op pic. You big tease! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) you know me too well, sweet pea! thanks for kind words! xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Congrats to the Crewe for getting you well along on the road to recovery. Excellent!

    PS: That is some fine looking gumbo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sweet pea! the krewe was on top of everything here and back in lalaland! xoxoxo

      (captain chaos can BURN with the best!)

      Delete
  5. You are much more than Ok. Wow those t-shirts - very cool idea and of course having wine and fine food, I know you probably have a good southern expression for it. all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, sugar! my children were just taking care of their mama! ;~) xoxoxo

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better missus, sorry for not being about.

    Lots of love, bubba. ;-)

    Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bubba, y'all never have to apologize! xoxoxoxo

      Delete
    2. I know, but that's the way I was brought up so.... ;-)

      Xoxoxox

      Delete
  7. I am also very happy to hear that your recovery is going well and that you had wonderful help and delicious food and great company to help you heal and relax.

    The T shirts are great! The gumbo looks divine! And the best way to watch the World Cup is with people who enjoy your company and root heartily for your team. In a few hours, I shall be cheering on team USA as we take on those beer guzzling, waffle eating, murder mystery solving, forests full of Smurfs, chocolate making Belgians!

    Take care and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sweet pea, but i swear, THIS.IS.THE.BEST.COMMENT.EVER!

      *joining eroswings in cheering for team USA* xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  8. Good to see this! You have an awesome krewe! Glad they are on the job! Sorry about the outcome of the match today... but now you've got 4 years to get up to speed! Your enthusiasm might tip the balance next time! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear things are getting back to right in your world! You had great caretakers because their Mama raised them right. :)

    I've always admired you, but now I understand something a little better. Hubby just got back from a 16 day trip to deepestdarkestafrica. Sure it was fun for him, but I realized that's the longest we've ever been apart in 34 years (next month) of marriage. And I learned that although I like my alone time, that was enough of it. :)

    Happy 4th to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmm...gumbo!
    Sending lots of love to you
    from the Big Easy
    Hope you get to feeling even better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for being late m'dear. I am very glad to learn that you are recovering - and do us all a favour: Slow, Savannah, no need to run around and all !
    The dish looks interesting, but I have to confess that I'd have no idea what to do with that large red something - but I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SEAFOOD GUMBO! <3

    It'll help the mending, too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. See's Truffles-- THE BEST! Hope they brought you lots of them.
    Hang in there, take it easy and feel better.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy that you are now recovering!! But the football wouldn't have helped me.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are being nourished and cherished. No more than you deserve.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so late here! Horrified to know you've been ill. Good to know you're recovering and being well looked after. Huge Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How is it on your own ? Are you living from pizza delivery ? Give us a word that you are okay, will you ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. How are you faring now?

    Healing well I hope.

    Sending you lots and lots of love.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar