The MITM is back in deepestdarkestafrica, so I'm back to one dish meals that last forever, but are tasty and nutritious! (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) It's a hassle for the first few days to just cook for one and there are a few days when pizza delivery is a gift from on high or a quick take away from the market is haute cuisine. Then, the novelty is gone and home cooking is back on the front burner, so to speak. (I know, lame joke, but I laughed.) You'd think after all this time, I'd be used to it, but I ain't and I'm guessing that's almost a good thing.
I'm open to any suggestions re: single serving meals if any of y'all are so inclined.
By the by, loveries, I know many of you commented on my last few posts and I didn't respond. I did read them all, but I do hope all y'all will forgive my lapse in manners and know that I appreciated the time y'all took to leave a few words.
Now for a total aside, does anyone understand this new trend in commercials that seem to follow a cast off scripts from The Royal Tenenbaums or The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou? You know what I mean, all these unrelated strange characters talking to each other about the product, but I can honestly tell you I have no idea what they're marketing to me! Or is it just me? There are days when I KNOW I'm no longer the target audience for all the cool things.
So, this is my Sunday letter from the Plantation to all y'all! Enjoy your day and here's to a great week for all of us!
Isn't this lovely?
I'm sorry to report that I have no good suggestions for single serving meals as my default choice is beans-on-toast. Or a massive bar of chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI like the massive bar of chocolate, sweet pea! ;) xoxoxo
DeleteP.S. The video is lovely - So good to see so many smiling faces!
ReplyDeleteIt really is charming! You can't not smile, I know. xoxox
DeleteI love the video. It reminds me there are so many lovely people in the world, and it's okay for us to be different from one another.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of making a meal for two or three, then having the leftovers later. This is because I don't like to cook, so I save myself the trouble if I make several meals at once. As a result, the only single-serving meal I know is a grilled cheese sandwich.
It is grand! I first saw it on that other social media site and knew I had to share it here!
DeleteI think I don't like the idea of just cooking for me the first few days, but after the initial sadness, I'm like you, I make things that will provide a few meals for one. Grilled cheese sandwiches or omelets are my go-to on my own meals! xoxox
glad the blog got on the front burner.
ReplyDeleteNo one wants you to understand marketing. That would be detrimental to their objective.
like the youtube clip - that would have been a fun ride
How could I leave all y'all, sugar? xoxoxo
DeleteLovely !
ReplyDeletecheers, parsnip
xoxoxox ;)
DeleteWow, think I'll save that video for revisiting on bad days..thank you!
ReplyDeleteDon't know about the meal stuff, but will let you know. Hubby and 3 buddies are headed for the dark continent soon for a hunting safari. :)
I've watched it a few times, sister hope! It's a perfect companion when you're feeling a bit low.
DeleteI wish them well! Things are a bit mad over there right now! xoxoxxo
I will have to look at the video tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile I will write out all the fish finger recipes I know and mail them to you.
Sx
YUMMY! I await your fish finger recipes with "baited" breath! *L* xoxoxo
DeleteOne of the cell phone providers is using the premise you describe in their current ad campaign. I don't get it either. It's not working at all for me.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what a fish finger is?
I saw it in a print ad this weekend, sweet pea! I have to say that I still don't remember which mobile provider it is! (I'm taking that as a good sign.)
Deletefish fingers = fish sticks (think Mrs. Paul's frozen fish sticks) xoxoxox
A glass of Guinness is a meal in a glass.
ReplyDeleteI know, but I still need an appetizer, sweet pea! :) xoxoxo
DeleteThankfully I have no clue about these ads.
ReplyDeleteEggs - it's good for some days. All you need is a pan, herbs & salt & bread and that's it.
Soups in all kinds, shapes and variants : hot, cold, spicey, sweet, focused on one taste or taste-overkill ; usually easily prepared, make a small bowl, eat twice.
Fruits - I do not know what is seasonal at your place, but usually it's easy: Wash, eat, be happy.
Guiness - comes with a leprechaun per crate : Have a glass of Silvaner instead.
Sugar, I've seen them and I still don't them (nor does our pal Exile on Pain Street!) By the by, have you read his blog? He's on my sidebar.
DeleteThanks for the tips re: meals for one! I have a pot of re lentil soup cooking now. It's one of my favorites. xoxoxoxo
well, I would like to amend your apology with, "no apologies needed," because not replying has nothing to do with care or companionship (via the interweb)...
ReplyDeleteLast I had heard, for example, was that you knew of someone who needed a praying about, and while I fervently do NOT believe in the concept of praying for others, I thought to round off a nice prayer, anyway. Hope your friend did well. Not to get too wordy (and trust me, some will point out that it isn't hard for this author in hiding to do up 15 pages on some really trivial tripe) but, it is also as well I didn't visit TOO often or I would maybe make even more enemies than I already have, as hard as THAT is to believe.
our friend "Hope's" hubby and three friends would be right up there on my target field...shooting down animals? REALLY? Why? Did they murder someone or are they merely doing the best imitation of their kind as can be shown?
(see?...scarcity sometimes is better for the peace and quiet, eh?)
Well, it is a nice Summer getting started here, and about danged time for me to put on my work boots and stop puttering around the house.
Have an equally nice day, Savannah. d=^))
Thank you for your kind consideration.
DeleteI had asked for whatever anyone felt like offering/sending that would send positive and hopefully, healing strength to our friend. His final days were spent with his family and close friends in peace and with tolerable pain. We will miss him greatly and for a very long time.
Now, as to Sister Hope and her husband, I know him to be an ethical bow hunter who only shoots what he or his companions can eat and/or share. I don't know what type of safari they are going on, but I hardly think, they're going after elephants! Sanctioned safaris are highly regulated and used for conservation in many areas. It is important to me that hunters are not all tarred with the same brush that those who dishonor sportsmanship deserve.
I'm glad you stopped by and hope you'll visit again, sweet pea! xox
Thank you, boneman. I was afraid to say it. But I agree with you. Elephants are rapidly becoming extinct. 30,000 killed last year for their tusks alone. The United States and China are the biggest importers of ivory.
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll never be afraid to voice an opinion here, sugar! I agree with you regarding elephant poaching and I am glad that the USA has finally put some teeth into stamping out the trade in poached ivory. China will only do the same when it becomes detrimental to their economic incursion into the continent of Africa! xox
DeleteTerribly sorry and my bad! I was picturing all those poor critters, but that was in my head and not in someone else's.
ReplyDeleteIt IS lovely. Thank you - I have just visited Grieg's house and little concert hall in Norway.xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteAh yes, dishes that last for ages. Or maybe one meal, after which you need a really long nap =) Indigo x
ReplyDeletei live alone. i have been eating chicken salad for four days.... batch meals are the best. often consumed over the kitchen sink! i need to stop that!
ReplyDelete