Saturday, September 3, 2022

It's hot!

 I know, it's pretty much hot EVERYWHERE, but I just wanted to share my two cents about the weather with all y'all. We're in our third year of a drought in California, massive fires are commonplace now, idiots in cars are causing horrible accidents while trying to escape the police, and we have a mall developer running for mayor here who's calling himself a "political outsider" but has been on city commissions for years. I could go on, but it's too hot to get worked up.

I need a cold drink.

Stay safe and cool, sweetpeas!

xoxo




12 comments:

  1. Come and have a G&T with me, Savvy! The heat's broken here, and it rained today! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. California sounds nightmarish at the moment, but nothing a chilled glass of vino or ten wouldn't remedy... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You best be safe pudding! I worry for all my friends out there. One friend I have is already set to move out of state at the end of the month. I worry what will become of the state with wildfires breaking out all over the state. And I just have the feeling a big earthquake is way long over due. I would be fraught with too much worry if I lived there. Must be all those PImms you guys' drink to calm the nerves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a small quake this morning, but we didn't feel it in L.A., so yeah, the BIG ONE could happen at any time. I read this to the MITM and he said that you were right and he's making a couple right now! xoxo (I'm starting to worry about mixing liquors now, but I'll get over it.)

      Delete
  4. You stay safe ! We have been having the same problems here but add in the cartels at the border. it is hell. If I could drink I would have a G & T with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat is everywhere in the southwestern states! I'm just glad the DEA is busting all the drug dealers at the borders. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Stay safe and stay cool. And vote these developers out of office.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're doing our best, sweetpea! And yes, the only Karen I'm supporting is Democrat Karen Bass! xoxo

      Delete
  6. You need to move to Devon - plenty of rain for everyone!
    You think you have problems we have Liz Truss on the horizon - as incompetent as Boris but with no charm or charisma.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that cool drink a stiff one.
    Here in the midwest we have not had the extremes for as long a period as the southwest. We have the heat, the cold, little rain, floods but they last a few days or a week. I understand your area suffers months worth.
    Oh those crazies being chased by the police, we have those too. I think most cities do. So terrible when an innocent person is injured because of a stupid criminal.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar