Saturday, September 24, 2022

Some people!

 Thanks to some HIGHLY inconsiderate people, Captain Chaos and Stretch now have COVID! Yeah, after 2.5 years of being scrupulously careful, some folks they don't even know went to a wedding knowing that they had The Rona, passed it along to attendees they do know who then, unknowingly, passed it on to the Captain, and Stretch! Fortunately, the symptoms they're experiencing are not severe, just fucking bothersome after all the precautions they've taken.

So, to anyone who thinks that this pandemic is OVER, let me forcefully remind you that it ain't over, so wear your damn mask, and wash your hands!

Stay safe, sweetpeas, this shit ain't over!


xoxo

11 comments:

  1. That's the thing, covid's moment in the spotlight is over as other rising 'stars' have taken its place, so people forget/disregard it :(
    I hope CC and Stretch recover quickly and don't have any lingering symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping it's a mild, quickly ending bout.
    And then .... Preach!!!! Wash your damned hands and were a mask around folks you don't know!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Numbers here in Germany go up, the trend in the graphics points steeply upwards. Oh yeah, Oktoberfest is great.
    I know of two idiots here in the house who walk around without mask despite the fact that they are infected, so much for "responsible people".
    I wish the two all the best, especially no long term damage : Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I wish the best for the Captain and STretch - not the Franconian zombie brains !

      Delete
  4. We two are part of the club that has yet get the Rona. By some of the places I have been Im am a bit surprised I havent gotten it. But i have a very strong immune system Im told and double bolstered at this point. I couldn't even tell you when i was sick last...been years.

    It's the gin i tell ya. Here's hoping they have a quick and uneventful recovery

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Canada, we have a chain of hardware stores called "Rona." I'll never look at the sign above the shop the same way again.

    Here's to a speedy recovery for Captain Chaos and Stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I hope they recover soon and they don't have any long lasting effects. That is my biggest fear about Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Throughout all this, I have been fastidious about mask-wearing, hand-washing. opening windows and keeping one's distance, and have been thrice-jabbed, and still got it TWICE!

    It's the luck of the draw, really, but since I wasn't actually ill either time, I'd say that making sure you get all your jabs is the key to not getting hit badly. Like flu, which to my mind is likely to be the bigger worry this winter. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm beginning to feel like an oddity when I wear my mask - but I still haven't caught the wretched thing, or anything else, I'm beginning to worry that my next bug is going to knock me for six despite having all my jabs.
    All the best to Captain Chaos and Stretch!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get well soon to the Capt'n and Stretch! It can sneak up on you, only takes a few meandering molecules...
    I tested positive for the Rona AND a cold, so I was not sure which virus to blame for my minor sniffles. And I was quad jabbed! But yeah, Australia has had as many deaths of Covid since May 2022 as it had in the previous 2 and a bit years. It's far from over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing them a good and quick recovery. You are right the virus continues to change and spread. I do think we have started thinking of it as a Flu-like thing now. Spreading the Flu is not good either.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar