Monday, February 3, 2020

it's all over but the shouting

Trumpito is giving his State of the Union speech tomorrow.

His trial in the Senate is on Wednesday.

I will die in a country very different from the one I was born in.

We would hope that when our end comes, it will be from old age, but the possibility exists that it could be from something very, very different.

9 comments:

  1. I have never been more appalled or speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The situation is awful but hopefully enough people in the center can realize the danger of keeping that chaotic president in office will lead to disaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope (against all odds I know) that we will not have to wait until November and he and his cabal will be removed sooner. xoxo

      Delete
  3. It is globally terrifying. The Hangman by Maurice Ogden springs to mind.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment caused me to re-read the poem! You're absolutely correct and it is terrifying. xoxo

      Delete
  4. And now the speech is over and nothing changes. It's beyond belief. I pray for better times for your country. Don't let the b......s get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I despise it all from both parties. That is what as a long time Demoracate I am now an Independant,
    Hope your doing OK on the house hunting. Hope you find one out of a fire zone. My home burned down in 1993. Be safe.
    How are the grandbabies ? much too big I bet.
    parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry, but I have the feeling that we all have to brace for another four years of this shit show. If nothing exceptionally extra-ordinary happens (like an alien invasion, perhaps) this creature will reign on. The institutions of the usamerican democracy will be dismantled or hollowed out, the whole thing turns into Russia 2.0., a very dynamic kleptocracy.
    And what should never be forgotten : This orange alone with his gang of cutthroats can't do this. It is the absolute ethical collapse of the so called "republican party" that enables all this (and a little Russian sympathy). They are all corrupt traitors, except one.

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar