Sunday, February 10, 2019

It was 20 years ago today...not really, we're talking 10 years

The lovely Ms. Scarlet and the ever so delish Jon came up with a delightful meme for all of us who still blog (albeit only occasionally around here these days)! A look back from 10 years ago on your blog. It's February, so this month in 2008 I somehow managed to put up 13 posts.

We were still living Downtown in the Historic District in a house built in the late 1800s. I used to blog from the library/office/guest room that was on the second floor. The neatest thing about that room was that it faced the street and from the side window, the Savannah River. I couldn't actually see the river (it was, and still is, about 40 feet below street level), but I knew it was there. When there were fireworks displays, I could see and hear them!

So what did I write about in those 13 posts? There had been an explosion at the sugar refinery that made national and world news that even though we weren't near it, we felt and heard the explosion. Some of y'all had heard about it and were concerned.

Captain Chaos had gone to Sweden to work on a movie, so his sweet dog, Ghost Faced Killah stayed with me! The Captain also started a blog while he was there to document the experience! The MITM was in deepestdarkestafrica and then he was home, but soon to be gone again. At some point during the month, while he was here (thankfully), there was an attempted coup in the country he'd just left and it was the only time I actually said its name. Fortunately, his colleagues were safe and their whereabouts transmitted to the necessary people.

Fat Tuesday came and went, the Super Bowl happened (the Giants beat the Pats), we had (yet another) fun night celebrating with family and friends around the big round table that was in our dining room. We did a LOT of entertaining in that house! It was perfectly suited to parties and being Downtown didn't hurt in the least bit!

What's most interesting to me was the great support y'all gave me during a difficult time I was going through that February 10 years ago. Some of the bloggers are no longer online and I miss their words. Some are on that other social media site, so at least we can still keep in contact. What's really wild is that others have drifted over to Instagram, so I still see words and pictures from them, but I miss them here in Blogville!

So there you go, that was a bit of 10 years ago. If you're so inclined, all of it is available to read here on the Blog Archive! (see sidebar) Scarls and Jon were right, it is good to look back every so often!

************

I received these yesterday, so I have to share them with all y'all!

After days of rain and cold, being outside again is perfect!

Valentine's Day shopping and yes, she choses her own outfits!*

Big Boy Chaos is going to be 7 on the 15th of this month!! Big Girl Matrix has to wait until August. I can't believe how big they are already. It seems like yesterday we were welcoming them into the world.

*super nana told us that BGM announced before she entered the room, "You might find my outfit shocking, but I think you'll like it."

*******************

Peace and Love to all y'all! xoxox



13 comments:

  1. I love those kids....and their Grandma too. :) Thanks for the nudge to go back and look and see what was going on 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love you, too, sister hope! I did read your post, but had to go back to cooking before I could comment. I'll be back *she said in her best Arnold voice* to comment. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Blimey, that was a busy February! I remember that coup and the relief that the MITM had got out of there, and his colleagues were safe.

    BGM has the same sartorial take as I had at that age (and well into adulthood)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was and sadly, even more than I wrote about that month! It was a precursor to what he would experience years later in another country.

      BGM is, as super nana said this morning, fashion forward, and so are YOU! ;) xoxox

      Delete
  3. That is all so neat to read, only since I started reading you. I occasionally go back to read old post to see what I was doing.

    I am adoring those picture lambchop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the look back, sweetpea! The kiddos are too cute, right? xoxox

      Delete
  4. Well done.

    Ten years ago was just a few months before I was a regular visitor to The Plantation. As I recall, your avatar was your pix in front of a wall (on a balcony?); very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the photo! It was taken in a parking structure out in L.A. The larger pic had a nice view of the city! Thank you, sugar! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wonderful wonderful wonderful photos of the cutiepies !
    Adore when they pick out their own clothes.
    Must go back 10 years and see what is going on.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sugar! They make me smile, that's for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  6. 13 posts in February - blimey, those were the days! I do seem to remember that you were always partying, and there was always lovely food....and drink!
    I will have to have a peep down your archive.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real! Sometimes damn near every day! We did have a lot for fun. In fact, some people decided there was way too much drinking. THAT is a subject for a blog post now that the statute of limitations has run out, i.e., they ain't speaking to me anymore! ;) xoxo

      Delete
  7. I remember those posts from a decade ago and how tense a situation it was! AND the food and drink and parties on your blog!! We all blogged a lot more way back then.

    Your grandkids are always a breath of fresh air. And BGM's fashion sense is on point! She looks awesome! And how sweet that she gave her mum a bit of warning before coming into view. :D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar