Don't ask me how.
Don't ask me when.
But I have fucking tested positive for COVID-19!!!
I've taken all of the required vaccines and have the ocular proof of the same.
This is one of the worst days in my recent history.
DAMMIT TO HELL!
Ok, now that that rant is out of the way. IF you feel like you have a cold, take a test, mask up until you get the results, and self-isolate ASAP! I have contacted my primary care doctor, and am scheduled for a PCR test on Monday. The window for medication is 5 days after the first symptoms, so I'm within the time frame.
I have diligently worn my mask, so I genuinely have no idea how this happened, but it has. So, while the pandemic may be over COVID is still around!
Be careful and stay diligent, sweetpeas.
So so sorry. Hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Oh no. How are you feeling? I had a friend over from the US last week, she couldn't believe how relaxed we are about Covid in the UK - she said it's as though the pandemic never happened here. She's had 5 jabs, whereas I've only had 3, and I don't think there is any medication available if we catch it - other than paracetamol, etc!
ReplyDeleteGet better soon, and take the best care of yourself.
Sxx
I'm so sorry to hear this Savvy!!!! Hang in there. How are you feeling so far?? I think it's rather appalling how the CDC and the administration is so relaxed with the covid guidelines and boosters anymore. I heard fewer and fewer are getting boostered and they have changed guidelines and rules and facts so many times, I think a lot of the country is like fuck it, at this point, and the CDC has lost any trust by the people.
ReplyDeleteSince this whole mess begun, I have felt great and myself the whole time, but I rarely ever get sick, it's been years I believe. To my knowledge I don't think I have ever gotten it, or my mother. We may be the last two I know, with exception to a few other who have not gotten it yet. I swear the gin lambchop!!!
Keep us posted toots!!! And keep well.
Sorry to hear, Savvy - but if it's anything like either time I tested positive (yes, I have had it twice, despite masking-up and keeping distance and washing hands till they were sore), if you have had all your available boosters you shouldn't really have any serious effects. My sister, who has an auto-immune condition, has access to a medicine in case she gets it, but that medicine (whatever it is) is restricted to "at risk" groups by the NHS.
ReplyDeleteGin is a good enough medicine for me! Jx
GAH!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteYou had the injections, what is a great plus ! A friend of mine had it - also despite all preparations done - and she suffers from asthma, so this adds a bit to the risk (as you may know). All went well, no need for further medication.
ReplyDeleteBut : For weeks afterwards she had problems with concentration, reading, and breathing - and for this the usual asthma medication was useless (even the emergency stuff), the shortness of breath was caused by something different. It took around eight weeks until this symptoms vanished, and she fully recovered.
The virus just did not get the memo that said the pandemic is over. And even if so, the virus gives a damn, it's here, and it stays here.
as 63mago said above the virus doesn't care what we think. We have taken the precautions and both have received the full boostered shot sequence. Yet my wife had it when the omincon type was running rampant. I've been lucky and have only tested negative. Wishing you the best.
ReplyDelete*snirfl*
ReplyDeleteHow are you today ? Who is in charge of writing the bulletin ? Will there be proclamations ?
Thank you, sweetpeas, for all your kinds words of concern! So far it's been body aches, coughing, and tiredness, BUT I now have received Paxlovid for the COVID and 2 other meds for the coughing. The Paxlovid is being distributed via doctor's prescription at no charge to the patient. HUAZZAH for President Biden and his plan for REAL treatment of COVID! I'll keep you updated and I'll try to visit your blogs ASAP! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteSavannah - sorry to hear Covid is hitting you so hard. Hopefully the boosters have mitigated what might have been worse.
ReplyDelete((Hugs)) (socially distant and virtual, of course, but no less heartfelt)
Oh my goodness, hope the all the shots, mask wearing will help you have a mild case. Stay Safe ! Tucson is in the start of the "we will be getting everything thrown at you at once".... I am not happy.
ReplyDeletecheers