Sunday, November 27, 2016

10 years!

There seems to be a wave of nostalgia floating around Blogville these days and I am not immune to its call.

Today, November 28th, marks my 10th anniversary as a blogger!  It was only a line or 2 then, but it was the start. I'd been reading blogs, but didn't have one, so thanks to e@l and Indy (who seems to have quit Blogville) here we are!  Along the way the content of this place has evolved into something more than an embellished tale of life in a small southern city and become much closer to reality. 

Somewhere/somehow during the past 10 years wrong impressions caused distress that resulted in hurt feelings (mine), a flame attack on me and mine that almost caused me to walk away, but what kept me here was all of you! Every single name on my sidebar, those still blogging and those who've stopped, and sadly, those who've passed away, has shown me love and kindness that has stayed with me to this day. I hope to continue to share this corner of Blogville with y'all for many years to come!

(Yes, I know, many of us are spending more time on that other social media site, but this will always be home for me!)

So, here's to all of us, our stories, our adventures, but most of all our friendships!

I love all y'all! xoxoxo

31 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary from somebody else who's made it to 10!

    Keep on keepin' on, Miss Savannah! xoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much love, Mistress, but no celebratory ca*e! ;) xoxoxox

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary, herzliche Glückwünsche zum Jubiäum !
    I'm glad that I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 years is a long haul. Nice work. The traditional 10-year gift is tin or aluminum. Expect some foil in the mail soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah!! Just in time for Jan 20th! Thanks, sugar! xoxoxo

      Delete
    2. Keep some of that foil aside, as there may be another Tin Foil Hat Compo in the New Year!

      Delete
    3. YES!!! *putting my non-tin foil thinking cap on now*

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. xoxoxox sweetpea! Here's to many more for all of us and Krispy Kreme, too! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hugs and huge congrats, Savvy!!! Here's to the next 10 years!!!
    SXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 10th anniversary, Savvy! There's a lot of love among us stalwart bloggers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true, sugarpie! xoxooxo (and thank you!)

      Delete
  7. _._._._._
    [*O*O*O]
    [*O*O*O]

    Congratulations and Thank You for sharing your wisdom, support, love, and life with us over ten fascinating years!

    ..*o*
    ..o*o
    ..*[]
    ../.*.\
    ..[__]
    ..[__]


    (.*)
    _I_

    Cheers and Best wishes for many more wonderful years of blogging, community, creativity, and good times with good company and good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten years! Happy anniversary from me to you!! I was introduced to blogging 8 years ago by someone who doesn't even remember me now (he had a stroke that did a big number on his memory and we hadn't known each other for all that long) and somewhere along the way, I found you. So happy that I did! Here's to a few more decades, right?!? xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm raising a glass to you and yours darling, I've loved this friendship advernture xxxoooxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So late.
    Happy Anniversary !
    I have enjoyed reading your post from the Plantation !

    cheers, parsnip
    and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm here (panting, out of breath). 10 years...holy cow! You made me go look and sure enough, I've been here with you for 10 years too! (The first version of my blog lasted 2 years, then I quit...then I missed y'all and came back).

    HAPPY to know you're in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Given how dominant that other site is, it's amazing any of us are still here. 10 years is a big achievement in blogging land. It's said you can measure the internet in doggy years (it grows and changes at about 7 times the speed of humans), in which case this has been going for a lifetime!
    Looking forward to the next 70 years of blogging from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Congratulations Sugar! I had to refer to my archive to find that I'm 10 this year as well. Yes, I've been neglectful as of late with my blog, what with life and a new job but delighted that most of us are still tending to it! I've known most of my blog friends longer than the people that are currently involved in my actual life.

    Love all y'all too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i had to go check - for me, it's 9 years! also a bit of a prodigal blogger these days, i've realized that i am not getting the depth of social interaction that i enjoy from FB... too superficial, too fleeting, too... fraught with politics! What i enjoyed about the blogs? i got a deeper sense of who my friends out here really were. At least those who write truthful, heart felt words (i got hosed by a couple of nut jobs along the way, but the good people far outnumber the bad!).

    So i'll be back for a bit - maybe every week or so - because the blog was also the place where i wrestled my demons. and my smart blogmates were right there beside me, with an extra axe or light sabre as needed...

    Glad i found you out here! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the wisdom and the advice and the great example you've shown us over the years. If we wish to be reminded how to be gracious in hard times and happy in the good ones, we look this way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mine was 10 in January. Considering all the love and friendship it's brought me, it's very dear to me. Blogland isn't the vibrant place it used to be but it's still good. Happy anniversary, late as my good wishes are xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Savannah.


    -----((*))--
    ------*o*---
    ----*o*o*
    --*o*o*o*o*
    o*o*-]o[-*o*o

    And Happy New Year! Thank you for your support and your friendship.

    May the Holidays be warm, peaceful, and wonderful for you and your loved ones. May joy and laughter fill your home. And may the New Year bring you good fortune, good company, and good times! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy bloggaversary! Of course, ten years in the blogging world is a century in real terms!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alles Gute zu Weihnachten - Merry Christmas to You Savannah, the MITM, and all Yours !
    It's a pleasure to know you.
    *mwah*

    ReplyDelete

tell me something good, sugar