- i had posted a comment at leni's blog yesterday and dropped today to see her reply (because unlike me, she always answers) anyway, nothing was there
. there were 4 of us who'd left comments and then another 4 or so that she'd answered. i left her a comment letting her know what had happened. here's her reply: - Leni Qinan said...
- My dear Savannah, Please don't think I've been rude or unpolite: Yesterday I answered your comment and GB's, and XL's and Max's and Mago's, but Blogger deleted them because I had commented with my username. I just noticed today. Thanks for telling me. I'm so sick and tired of this situation, and so fed up with Blogger that in a couple of days I'll move to Wordpress. I'll let you know about the details in a new post. Blogger is eating out all my comments, not just here but all over and I can only comment anonymously. The same thing is happening to MJ. So my dear, I apologise for this weird situation. In a few days I'll have a new home and everything will be fine again. ;-) xoxoxo
-
- Leni Qinan said...
- Dear blog friends and commenters, I can't stand this situation anymore. To delete 3 years of comments is outrageous and terribly unfair. I don't think it's fair to keep me commenting anonymously in my own blog, despite having submitted several questions to the blogger help site. I got no answer. So I'll be moving very soon to Wordpress and my blog will be X-rated, just in case. I'll keep you abreast of events. There will be a new post about it with all the information you need. XXXX to all of you. You're wonderful people.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
just when you think it's safe to go back in the water...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's one thing for there to be a tech glitch of some sort that causes a temporary problem. But non-responsive tech support is inexcusable! wordpress - so far - has been a happy, relatively hassle-free home for me... good luck to Leni!
ReplyDelete(and an extra hug for Ms. Savannah today.... just because!)
daisy...exactly! who cares if the answer is from an outsourced tech! answer the damn questions! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete(thanks, sugar! it's been one of those days!)
Okay, I've missed whatever it was you said/did/showed that made "Sugar" and "y'all" unacceptable. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading, just not writing as much at the moment with the Summer Program draining away my energy!
I'd like to think that if my blog suddenly disappeared, I would take a calm, cool, philosophical approach to the crisis, but the truth is that I'd probably LOSE IT.
ReplyDeleteI still get a warning when I come here. Cheek!
ReplyDeleteAll this filth ... glad to see that Prof. Worm seems to be better. Leni moved already, saw her new blog an hour ago or so. She's really angry.
ReplyDeletehope & pat...i put the warning up in solidarity with MJ & Leni. blogger had nothing to do with it! it's also, a statement that although this is not by any stretch of the imagination a racy blog, i wanted to make sure that anyone who did come in KNEW that adults were conversing here! i mean, hell, sugar, I EVEN SWEAR HERE!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxo
UB...i know, sugar! we all would have the same reaction! xoxoxoxo
mago...i'll head over! thanks, hon! xoxoxox
Sweet Savannah, thank you for all your love and support.
ReplyDeleteThis unpleasant experience has a nice side, though: Now I know what solidarity and support are in the blogosphere.
You guys, Magomaniacs, Infomaniacs, Savannahmaniacs and so many maniacs in the blogs have helped me go through this and I have no words to thank you.
As I said in my blog, you're wonderful people.
XXX
Leni
Hi again, Sav. Just testing what my name is now.
ReplyDeletePower to the maniacs!
ReplyDeleteThe struggle for justice is a never ending one; but so long as there are those willing to fight, there will always be hope, and change comes when we work together to make it happen.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to Leni; I've added her to my blogroll. And keep up the good fight, fellow bloggers! No justice, no peace!
That's a relief.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I was with you every effing step of the effing way.xoxox
I'm definitely going to check out a new blogging platform, this is ridiculous error or not!
ReplyDeleteWV is: blastet!
Mr Swings has instigated a comment campaign and it looks like the Dark UFO person is on the case again!
ReplyDeleteSx
has created my own new blog on wordpress too. sadly, i had to get a neu name. thank goodness for unusual hotmail account names.
ReplyDeleteOne should think that they have an idea about what they are doing or have a plan or something. But obviously they have not. I think google engeneers were fed up with spam clocking their lines and deceided to go out and kill anything remotely fitting in their mathematically formulated idea of spam. No prisoners, good old "Search and Destroy". They did not give a rats fart about the "collateral damage".
ReplyDeleteSorry for using this military speak, but I am seriously angry about this nonsense. They did not understand that they deal with humans and not with data.
wv: shant
Yes. Schand' über euch.
I am glad you explained the content warning...
ReplyDeleteI thought it was them getting back at you ?
cheers, parsnip
p.s. I love Patsy by the way... she is what I want to be when I grow up or die whatever comes first.
I don't comment nearly as often as I used to (and I hardly ever reply to comments—how rude). But I have noticed that some of my comments disappear. I just assumed it was user error.
ReplyDelete