the MITM is fixing lunch as i type. today is grilled talapia fillets served with 3 cheese tortelli with sliced roma tomatoes drizzled with olive oil.
one of the great things about having him home is the fact that he loves to cook and never has a chance to do that in deepestdarkesthottest africa. one of the things he does while he's away is concoct favorite meals to prepare when he's home. yesterday it was seafood risotto - followed by a small field greens salad. the aperitif was a fume blanc, the main wine a sauvignon blanc, followed by dessert - new york cheesecake and champagne. we were 4 at supper, so all of that wine was not consumed by just the 2 of us although, we could have done it easily. anyway, all i have to do is set the table and clean up. fair trade agreement as far as i'm concerned!
what can i say? these moments almost make me forget the long periods of time we spend apart. i guess that's part of the reason i'm writing about all of this, to remind myself of better times when i'm all alone and eating take away out of the box.
anyway, we're going to see the dark knight this afternoon and then meeting friends for tapas and drinks later tonight.
*sigh* he's in the kitchen making jokes and fixing lunch and having a grand old time....
we're drinking a dry white wine...
dessert is fresh raspberries drenched in freshly squeezed lemon juice and sprinkled with sugar.
it's the simple everyday things we do together i miss when he's away.
:)
ReplyDeleteliving in the moment isnt' so bad at times. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteNo WONDER you love having him home if he cooks like that, Savannah! Hee hee. You are both such lucky people.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every last second of one another's company.
And thanks for Deano. I love the backing vocals.
xoxox
kim...i KNOW! ;-)
ReplyDeleteboxer babe!... i revel in these moments! sometimes, it's the only thing that gets me through the tough times...these memories xoxo (have a relaxing weekend, sugar!)
dive...i am seriously spoiled, sugarpie! but thank you for the kind words! glad mr. coolness made you smile! xoxoxox
DINO!!!
ReplyDelete*creams jeans*
Almost as orgasm-inducing as Old Knudsen singing a tune from his new CD.
I hope I'm as corny and weird as you and your friends when I'm old. DAMN! Just realized I am old and corny and weird and all of my friends are old and weird too. Oh well, that came a lot sooner than I had anticipated. When can I sign up for AARP "benefits"?
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhh, you can't beat ..........
ReplyDelete........ it!
Have A Great Weekend Savvy
ReplyDeletemj...he was too cool for words, sugar! old k, on the other hand, well there are too many words for him! ;-) xoxo
ReplyDeletecap'n...*snickering* sneaks up on ya, don't it? xox
momo..it ait grand, sugar? xoxo
tony...it's been a hellva week, sugar! hope your weekend is delicious! xoxoxo
That was beautiful. Thanks for posting it.
ReplyDelete